Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyn's 2019 lists

Well, no one told the newbie to go away so here are my lists. I will not be following the random number of the month since some of these need to be done one before the other, and some need to have materials purchased.

Quilt projects:
    1.) Bind quilts for Vicki's boys and hand them over Done! (1/26)
    2.) Quilt my Christmas 54-40 or Fight Done! (1/19)
    3.) Make topper for Lily's quilt
    4.) Quilt Lily's Garden
    5.) Make topper for Kyria's quilt
    6.) Quilt Kyria's quilt
    7.) Make Grotto for David
    8.) Quilt Grotto
    9.) Make new placemats for Mom Done!
    10.) Make an everyday runner that doesn't clash with chairs
    11.) Make a Christmas runner for me
    12.) TBA

Other projects I need to get done:
    1.) Lengthen Josiah's sweater
    2.) Make cover for serger
    3.) Make shower and window curtains Done! (1/24)
    4.) make new window shades for Josiah's room
    Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
    πŸ™„

Welcome on board!

Comment

Welcome newbie. Don't go away. Have fun.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have fun. I found having a list helped me last year and if a number was pulled before an urgent finish, I just swapped it around.

Comment

Welcome and join in the fun

Comment

I have the binding done on the two quilts for my niece's boys. Now comes the hard part - catching up with her to hand them over. Still, it's progress!
            Lyn

πŸ™„

Comment

Well, you are lucky then that in this group we count progress towards completion, and not all the way until the recipients get hold of the quilt!
              Congrats for the finishes! Well done!

Comment

Beautiful finishes! Yeah!

Comment

I finished my holiday quilt on Saturday, but the wind was too much to take pictures over the weekend. I have plans to see my niece this weekend to give her the quilts for her boys, and then I will have the two easy finishes done.

The next item I plan to tackle will be a quilt for my granddaughter. Half of the blocks will be applique, which I haven't done since the dark ages. I am hoping the lady at my LQS will help bring me up to date on the procedures. I will probably make the new placemats for my mom to use my new skills on a smaller project before taking on a whole quilt. I am actually excited to get started on it.
                  Lyn

πŸ™„

Comment

It is official - I handed over the quilts to my niece this afternoon! They are very busy and I knew this would be the hardest part to accomplish, but we had a very nice afternoon visiting.
                    Lyn

πŸ™„

Comment

Well, 2019, you were a bust in so many ways. I am glad to see the end of you...

Moving on to 2020 with hopes of a much better year!
                      Lyn

πŸ™„

Comment

Agreed! 2019 was a terrible year and I'm glad to see it go! Here's to a better year!

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 37
                        Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X