Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MaryUK's list

2018 was very productive for me, in part by the help of the UFO group. So the outstanding items from last year have been carried over and new ones added.

1. Square in a square to quilt
    2. HST Linus quilt - DONE
    3. Wallflower topper to complete - DONE
    4. Wallflower to quilt
    5. Dresden plate to quilt - DONE
    6. Linus quilt in blues/greens - DONE
    7. Pinwheel Linus quilt - DONE
    8. Falling charms to quilt - DONE
    9. Daisy Log Cabin to quilt - DONE
    10. Autumn lap to quilt - DONE
    11. Diamond Tile topper to complete - DONE
    12. Diamond Tile to quilt

WANT TO DO'S

Mandy Shaw redwork Christmas quilt
    Redwork Christmas wreath quilt
    Redwork Christmas carols quilt
    Hunters Star - 2 colours
    Butterfly applique quilt
    Reverse applique cushion
    Summer in the park quilt
    Curved log cabin quilt
    Jelly Roll rug - DONE
    Jacobean applique wallhanging
    Noah's Ark Linus quilt - DONE
    Winnie the Pooh Linus quilt - DONE
    Prairie Flower quilt
    Quatrefoil in purples and greens

Hello, I noticed you have Linus quilt after a lot of your UFO's. Can you explain to me what that is?

Comment

Hi, I make quilts for donation to the Linus project. When they take them to the local hospital they go to babies in special care and children with cancer or long term illness. They also go to places in the community where children have special needs.

As it started in the USA quite a number of years ago, there will be more info on their website if you're interested in doing something similar.

Comment

I've started sewing down the petals, all 180 of them but it's SO tedious so took a bypass and finished a Linus quilt - now feel ready to go back to the petals!!

Comment

I have been taking part in a sewathon over the last 3 days on a UK sewing group I belong to and took the opportunity to finish # 8 on my list. I didn't sew constantly but wanted to have something finished rather than create another UFO!!! I also made and finished a Linus quilt not on my list.

Tomorrow I need to make a bag for my embroidery on the go, then back to #3.

Comment

I have finally finished my January UFO, completing the topper. Thankfully this goes on my 'to quilt' pile as I'm not sure how to do it as I see myself as still inexperienced with quilting. I'll make my decision when the number gets pulled out.

Comment

Truly I am working on my #3 but got diverted to make a quick Linus quilt, as you do!!!

I have nearly finished the Diamond tile blocks, 6 left to complete. Will then will put them all together with a border, all being well I'll have them done by Monday.

Comment

I've finished my Feb UFO and have nearly finished quilting a Linus quilt. I've been working on cross stitch UFO's and have one nearly finished (it's from around 10 years ago).

Comment

OMG you are really working hard at your UFOs! 4 finishes in 2 months! Well done!

Comment

I've had to pull a couple of Linus quilts out of the UFO list to finish quickly as we received an urgent call out for the Paediatric high dependency unit for quilts. I've also got a couple more waiting to be finished this coming weekend. Nothing like hearing of children in need to make you get a wiggle on with finishing a quilt!!

Sorry, I forgot to takes pictures before donating them today.

Comment

Just added a couple more Linus quilts made from donated fabric samples, and I have enough for 3 or 4 more!!. Consequently I didn't get to work on my April UFO and as I'm going on a weekend break next week with DD, it probably won't get done until later in the month.

Comment

I'm on a roll!! Only 4 left to quilt yayy me!! I have a few more Linus quilts in the pipeline and I have 2 WIP - 1 is the Quatrefoil and the other is a Quarter log cabin.

Comment

WTG! You are cruising right along with those UFO's, and they're beautiful too.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                          Type: Public
                          Topics: 37
                          Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X