Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And January's number is...

Drumroll please!

Can you believe I am so old fashioned that I used actual dice instead of an on-line random number generator? We all have a past, and I used to play roll games in my teens. Now that's what those weird dice come now handy for!

There are actually a few hours left of 2018 but I don't think I'll get any sewing time in between. I haven't even started the last clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery, and I fear she will post the reveal on New Year as she's done this past 5 years. I will then have guests until the 6th: Epiphany is a great holiday in Spain, when we exchange gifts (supposedly brought by the three Magic Kings). Most cities have huge parades on the evening of January 5th.

But I am digressing. What is the project you listed as #3? (I haven't even checked mine yet!)

I renumbered already. I will finish quilting the blue and Yellow Churn Dash Quilt that I started at the end of this past summer.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

And off we go.... Thank you for hosting the group this year.

My #3 is the wallflower quilt by Jenny which I started about a month ago. I still have to sew down the petals before putting the blocks together.

Comment

Cool, my #3 is the curved log cabin to be quilted & bound. Over the Christmas holiday, I pulled it & the backing out to press and make sure I had plenty of backing. I decided the quilt top really could use a border, so ordered that fabric on the 26th, and it arrived yesterday. So i'm all set to get started ( well as soon as I get the current quilt off the frame that is).

Edited: 1/22/19: Update on status of #3
        Well the day after the above posting, my mid-arm quilting machine broke (with the current quilt still on the frame and unfinished) Ugh! It took almost three weeks to get my replacement part, but finally Sunday I was able to finish the quilt that was on the frame (not #3) still working on the binding though. But did get #3 loaded on the frame. So I'm switching my #'s around a bit.

Comment

My #3 is quilting Jamestown Landing, that I started years ago. It was on 2018 UFO list and all I did was to assemble the blocks.
          When I put away all my sewing things on Tuesday to prepare the room as guest room, it will free a lot of floor space to baste the quilt before I install the spare beds. That I can tackle this week, although the actual FMQing will need to wait until my visitors are gone.

Comment

my list has several #3's. I think I will be able to work on the large Christmas butterflies and complete the small dog quilt.

The third #3 is still in the planning stages.

Comment

I think we’re safe on Bonnie’s reveal. She hasn’t even showed how to make any blocks yet. Said the reveal would be before she left for the Japan trip. We have a few weeks hopefully.

Well, I’m amazed that number 3 is one of my quilting projects!!! Yeah!! Need to finish that baby quilt anyway. Shockingly, I actually have half a project done...got one of my winter skirts done last week. Hoping to finish the other one this week, along with my sweat pants.

Comment

My number 3 is to quilt a mystery that I did several years ago. It’s already marked and ready to sandwich.

Comment

I just edited my list... to add another UFO: Christmas themed cushions I started in June ( I just finished the 2 first ones of the set of 4 I wanted to make).

I am printing some pics of my Jamestown Landing quilt top (my #3 for 2019) so that I can doodle on them and get some fmqing inspiration. Bonnie Hunter quilts are so busy that they really call for all-over quilting designs -that's actually what she does on her LA. But I am thinking of some kind of custom quilting for this, that showcases the diagonal chaining of the brokendishes blue blocks. Then heavy fillers on the neutral background areas.

Comment

Yeah! After I posted my list, I worked on my #3 and #4 a few days ago and these are finished. friendship braidand rainbow gelato. I will work on Boomerang, my #7 as it is a kingsize and will take awhile. I may have to rework my lists.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

My #3 is the I Spy quilt that needs to be quilted. I think it will have to wait just a bit as I do have the #1 quilt that has to get done ASAP.

Comment

Well I am one of those who do not have my list yet and until mid January I can not even think about it because like Lourixe my parties end on January 6 and then you have to dismantle the Belen and the tree, clean the house thoroughly and then think about what I want to do first but I am glad that some are already finishing very nice things, I encourage everyone

Comment

I hope you will allow a "shiny thimble" to join your group! I get more accomplished when working with friends, so hope to make some new friends. I am working on my list and will get it posted shortly.
                          Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                          🙄

Comment

Yay! I'm so happy to be joining this group again this year. I kept forgetting to check-in for the last half of last year; hoping I can be more diligent this year.

My #3 is my Second Saturday Sampler from 14-15. Can't believe it's been 5 years almost since I started it. That was the first year I did Saturday Sampler with my LQS. I'm pretty sure I have all the setting blocks done and I just need to border the sampler blocks that I made.

Hoping to start in on it sometime this week. *fingers crossed* Gotta catch up on my Good Fortune quilt clues first though!
                            "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

my #3 is a table runner that carried over from last year's list. I'll dig it out, but I'm not sure if I'll focus on it or not this month... I'm helping my daughter with a lot of things lately and my husband leaves town in a few days for a few weeks :-(

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 37
                              Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X