3.1 Friendship Braid January DONE
    3.2 Ombre Rainbow JAN DONE
    3.3 Winter cushion panels by Julie Pascheski JANDONE
    3.4 Boomerang. (Piece top) JAN(DONE)
    4- Ribbon StarMAY (DONE)
    5- Pink Charm squares (LAQ)MARCH (DONE)
    6- Boomerang (LAQ) March (DONE)
    7- Log Cabin Hearts JULY (DONE)
    8- Paper pieced leaf wall hanging (need to review technique) move to 2020 list
    9- Fall foliage quilt (not started) move to 2020 List
    10- Skyline move to 2020 list
    11- Kindred Pinwheels (M*)TOp DONE- Aug -to be quilted in 2020
    12- Musical quilt for Steve.FEB(DONE)

New quilts started in 2019 to be finished :
    13- Astronaut / Montreal Canadian hockey - Queen size reversible quiltNOV DONE
    14- QCR bird wall/twin size quilt(class May2019)[/COLOR]TOP DONE-July/to be quilted)
    15- Baby quilt for GF's niece new baby.July DONE
    16- Hanging gardens (Cosy Quilt designs)(Top Done-Oct- to be quilted)
    17- Stained glass - Dis.9 patch (WIP-Nov)

Also on this list, but not added above are the quilts that I make and donate each month to VictorIa Quilts Canada. (1DONE-Jan.) (3 DONE-Feb)(cut 10 kits for group-Mar-Jun)(1 DONE-July)(2 DONE-August(1 DONE- Sept)(3 DONE - Oct) (3 Done- Nov/Dec, 1WIP)

I have an extensive list of quilts that I wish to make, based on my stash. These are not cut or pattern selected. If I should be fortunate to have the above finished earlier, I will work on these.

- Canada and US mystery BOM
    - Canada postcards
    - Canada 150 quilts for GKs. They will receive when they are older. 1 Done, 5 to go
    - Dance of the Dragonflies pattern
    - red and white windmills
    - beach house quilt
    - Easter quilt
    - quilt using Laurel Burch fabrics
    - quilt using In The Beginning fabrics (1/3m x30 colours)
    - barn, owls panels
    - flannel square (1-2)
    - storm at sea
    - travel bags, doll clothes for GKs, purses
    - pillowcases for Pat DONE
    - curtain valence for Bernie DONE
    - fix blocks on DH's flannel panel quilt
    - hanging organizer for phone, chargers DONE
    - 5 pillowcases, personalized with name on header DONE
    - 30 tea towels with border, 26 bowl cosies DONE - SEPT
    - xmas table runner DONE- Dec.
    - summer dresses for Cassandra DONE

I want to make as many quick lap-size quilts as possible to have on hand, when I want to give to friends going through difficult times.

Good luck to everyone in getting your quilts and projects done. Wish me luck.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

It's not 2019 yet but I have finished numbers 3 this week. They were leftover finishes from 2018. I don't think I will have any problem finding substitutes. It feels good.

Comment

I finished #3 pillows last Friday. It was a small project to quilt and make cushions. The panel is called Winter, and I wanted them done while in the season. Some of my other numbers will be more labour intensive, so I will continue to work on those.

Comment

You have been productive, well done. Love your makes.

Comment

The Boomerang top has been pieced and now waiting to be quilted. This is for another number.
          This is probably the most productive #3.

I guess all this snow and rain we have getting is good for staying indoors and quilting.

Comment

WOW, you are getting a lot done and it's only January. PLEASE send some of that snow my way. I could really use a snow day.

Comment

With all the snow and bad weather, I feel like I'm on an assembly line. I finished the log cabin hearts top, and the musical top (Feb #). I've also did a bagful of mending of grandkids' clothes and alterations. I've also been making waffle weave tea towels with border. Got 6 done today.

Comment

Slow down firl, you're making us look bad LOL. I've had a few snow days too, and have loved every extra minute spending them in the sewing room.

Comment

Caroline T- sorry. I'm in a high energy period. I have to sew as I don't know if and when it will run out. More likely that someone in the family, mom, DH or GKs will need me to take care of them.

I'm afraid there will be more quilting, as soon as DH finishes the baby quilt. I will have access to Sweet 16. We are getting up to 16" of snow today into Wednesday, and everything is getting cancelled.

Comment

I finished my #2 quilt today, so I will have to switch around the numbers.

While we still have roughly 3-4' of snow in the yard, it's still quilting time. Who knows, I have another week to finish another.

Comment

Your Canadian quilt is amazing.

Comment

In March, I finished #2, #5 and 6. Last 2 tops were quilted by LAQ and I attached the bindings.

I will work on this month's number, #4. The top is done and that is needed is to piece the backing. I will probably quilt this one myself.

Comment

Where did you find that wonderful Charity Quilt fabric? I love it!

Comment

Caroline T- I'm guessing that you mean the charity quilt ironing pad. I bought it a few years ago on a shop hop. I will look through the selvedges to see who makes it, and let you know.

Comment

In May, I quilted and finished #4 Ribbon Star and #12 Musical quilt. The latter needed to get done sooner. I will post picture soon.

It feels good to get these tops quilted.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 37
                              Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X