5. “Purple Haze” Kaleidoscope – quilt & bind Done
    6. Blue Ombre – quilt & bind Done
    7. “Hexis from Heck” – quilt & bind Done
    8. “Scrappy Patchwork” – quilt & bind Done
    9. Baby Flannel patchwork – quilt & bind Done
    10. Baby pinwheels – quilt & bind Done
    11. “Team Spirit” – piece, quilt & bind Done
    12. "Scrappy Log Cabin", quilt & bind Done

I really loved participating in 2017's challenge, so I'm looking forward to 2019 as the year I get caught up once again. This year (2018) I had been anxiously preparing and awaiting for the arrival of my new mid-arm quilting machine & frame, so lots of tops completed but very few quilted (had to have a good stock of quilts to practice and learn how to use the quilting machine). So now that it's here and set up, with a few practice quilts done, there's nothing holding me back now!

" there's nothing holding me back now!" Famous last words:

I did get a jump start on 2019 by completing 3 of my smaller UFO's. But Sunday, while quilting #8 I was stitching away, making good progress, when suddenly a little piece of wire plopped down on the quilt. I immediately stopped the machine to see what the heck this wire was and were did it come from. Turns out the little check spring from the upper tension knob had broken. I've only had this machine for 2 months, less than 10 hours on it!. Called Grace company on Monday (expecting that they would be closed for the New Years Holiday), but surprised they were taking calls. Turns out that they have a new and improved upper tension assembly that they will send me, however they are doing inventory so it won't be mailed until next week.

Well the Holiday wasn't a complete waste of sewing time, I put borders on two quilt tops, and prepped the backing and binding for them as well, organized my scrap box, folding anything over 1/4 yard, cutting other pieces down to charms and strips, (this didn't take very long, as I have been pretty good about keeping them under control) then I worked on my crumb blocks.

Comment

Well the part for my quilting machine finally arrived last week, and I was able to finish the quilt (#8) that was sitting on the frame and get #3 loaded and started. #3 won't be completed by the end of the month but I got a good start on it!

Comment

I'm certain you will be on a roll now that your machine is all ready to go.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

February is done "Scrappy Log Cabin" a.k.a. "Heritage Log Cabin" was a kit purchased from Connecting Threads. At 84x104, it was a challenge to quilt this on my ten foot frame.

Comment

#5 is done. Tried to take pictures of it, but for some reason the background color (plum) looks really blue in all my pictures, so I guess I need to wait for a sunny day to take it outside for good lighting. Will post pictures soon (hopefully).

Comment

Eight down, four to go. Will have to slow down on the UFO's for a little while to get caught up on some other projects. Oh who am I kidding, I've already loaded another quilt on the frame!

Comment

I am in awe: you have already finished 8 projects!!!!!
                You put us all to shame!
                Congrats!
                (Maybe some of us might consider sending you one of our tops, hehe).

Comment

Still haven't worked on March's, but as of yesterday I do have 9 of the 12 on my list completed, so I don't feel bad skipping around a bit. I'm accomplishing my goals.

Comment

Oh my Caroline, you are one mad dashing quilter. Good job on all your finishes. I think I will cut myself some slack, as most on my list are finished tops and just need quilting. I have decided to get some of my quilts done by a LAQ. I found a new one that does nice work, and she is reasonable.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Suzanne, last year all I did was make tops in anticipation of getting my new quilting machine, this year so far I don't think I've done any real cutting and piecing except preparing binding. I have been having so much fun learning my new Mid Arm quilting machine. I've always wanted a LA, but never did I imagine that I would enjoy this part of the process so much.

Comment

Here it is April 30th, and I can officially say "I did not complete anything this month that was on my UFO list".

Oh well, but it hasn't been an unproductive month. Work kept me very busy for the first half of the month, and the last half of the month has been spent doing lots of yard work and spring cleaning, with some hand sewing done in the evenings.

Looking forward to May, and more time in the sewing room.

Comment

It's been awhile since I've actually been able to finish one of my UFO's. Cataract surgery thru my eyesight out of whack for a month, so sewing was not possible. Feels good to be back in the sewing studio. I currently have my last UFO on the longarm, and should have that one finished by the end of the month.

Comment

Well it's official! I have completed all my UFOs left over from last year (#4 - the flannel quilt -just in time for the chilly nights too). Not only are 2018s all completed, I don't have any UFO's hanging around from this year. I have one top on my quilt frame now, which I'll finish this weekend, and then a Grandma's Garden that is an English Paper Piecing in progress project that I spend a few hours a week on - I'm about halfway done with the top so it should take me another 6 to 12 months.

Still have to take a picture of the last finish, but hope to have it posted this weekend.

Now that I have the long arm quilting machine, there really is no excuse for me to have UFO's hanging around for long.

Thank you all for an encouraging & motivating year of "Finished is better than perfect".

Comment

Well, Congrats! Finishing all your listed UFO's after your eye surgery is really a feat! But the fact that you are undertaking an EPP project means that you are fully recovered now from your sight issues, and I am happy for your.

Comment

Finished is better than perfect 2019 edition

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2019? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2019.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 37
                              Comments: 209

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X