Farm Girl Vintage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you Farm Girl blocks ?

I finally got enough block to make my quilt and then I go on Lori Holt's site and see the new block she has made up. I keep ordering them and put off finishing up. I have added the pig, cat, cow, jar of jam, turkey, piece of pie, hand mixer, ear of corn and tomatoes. I have spent more on the extra patterns then I did on the original book. I also down sized the tractor and silo so I could make a 12 inch block. I am anxious to finish this and get it together but now I'm wondering if Lori will add a dog and a horse and if she does I would like to have them in the quilt. Have any of you bought the patterns for the newer blocks? Do any of you have yours done? I have certainly enjoyed making the blocks.

You could always piece your quilt together and then if she does add a dog or a horse, incorporate that on the back side. I have had my book for months and all of my other projects are in the way.
    Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Our guild is challenging members to do several blocks each month and bring them to show at meetings. I think I need to do one more for this month. I have lots of other projects calling my name but I should get these done before Thursday.
      I have made 25 or so and have just laid them in the book on each instruction page, one day I will go through and do the skipped ones.
      I did make a pig but figured it out on graph paper, not going to pay for the newer ones, there are plenty to challenge me in the book.

Comment

Hey everyone! I am waiting on my FGV book. I plan to make a quilt with some of the blocks and those I have purchased recently. It's an FFA quilt. I have read that these blocks can be time consuming. I hope I have time to make it!

By the way, I do have Quilty Fun book. Have you all incorporated the blocks with FGV? Just wondering about the sizes.

Comment

I am just waiting for my first FGV quilt to come back from the Long Arm Quilter. It is for my granddaughters first birthday. It has nine 12 inch blocks of all animals from Lori Holt and a barn in the center. I had to find a duck pattern on the internet to come up with enough animals. I sashed the quilt and added cornerstones. I have enough fabric left to make another quilt and it will be something from this book too. I will post a picture as soon as it gets back to me. I was too chicken to quilt it myself as it was such an important quilt. LOL

Comment

I understand it being a special quilt! Anything for a grandchild is special indeed! Only a grandmother knows!

I finished my first FGV block! I am a long ways from the quilt version, but it is a start! Yay!

Comment

Mine is complete and had it quilted with the chicken wire design. It is 100 x 110. If I can get some help from a grandchild I will post a picture.

Comment

Good for you! Can't wait to see it!

Comment

grandma nurse, I cannot wait to see your quilt! I just got my book a little while back and I'm getting ready to start some projects! I love this book! I've bought a bunch of the extra patterns and you are right. I think I've spent more on those than I did the book! They sure are cute though!

Comment

Did you do the 12" blocks? Can't wait to see.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage

About this Group

A group for fans of the Farm Girl Vintage books and patterns by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet. Share your plans and ideas for projects using these fun patterns and share your photos of finished projects!

The image in our group icon is from http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.ca/2015/01/pre-order-my-new-bookfarm-girl-vintage.html - definitely a place for some inspiration!
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 18
                    Comments: 76

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X