Clear All

September blocks

Week 1 - Milking Day pg 45

Week 2 - Sunny Sunflower pg 66

Week 3 - Crops pg 23

Week 4 - Farmhouse pg 27

Week 5 - Egg Basket pg 24

Have fun and post pictures!

Oooo, I need to get busy. I did most of two teapots yesterday. I had to cook or I would have finished. Of course I have these to do and 3 others for my guild challenge. At least one overlaps for both. Fun, fun, fun.

Comment

I didn't do my August blocks yet!

Comment

Me either, I don't think I joined until the middle of the month. I need to research and figure out how far behind I am.

Edit: I only found the simple star for August, is that the only one I am behind?

Comment

Yes Claire, just the four simple stars for each corner of the quilt.

Comment

I am behind too.... I did one star block and it was 6 1/4 not 6 1/2... must use a scant quarter inches to get the right size! Aggh! I will start over and get caught up : )

Comment

I suppose if all of your blocks are the same size it doesn't really matter if it is 6.25 or 6.5. As long as your 1/4" is the same throughout you should be ok.

Comment

I have ended up with them being a bit big but that is so much better than way too small. Pretty easy to square up.
                Funny that I have been using my 6 1/2" ruler so much more than my June Taylor that is my go to for most quilts.
                I pulled fabrics for the crop square yesterday and may rethink that and make them all shades of green. Crops are green, right?

Comment

Not all crops are green. Some are yellow, gold, purple...depends when in the season and what you are growing! Lol

Comment

My little brain is working hard! I'm going to be making Farm Girl Vintage blocks but I don't think I will get all the ones for the sampler done. I am incorporating them in my Row by Row quilt this week. And if I can I want to finish the quilt this week??!!!

Comment

I made two sets today, ready to do another set tomorrow or Sat. I added a picture[somewhere?]
                      I am very glad these will end up being sashed. After sashing [slightly bigger than necessary] I might need to square up and equalize their sizes a little.

Comment

I did 5 simple star blocks yesterday. They were smaller than they should have been, but I don't mind.

Comment

Farm Girl Vintage

About this Group

A group for fans of the Farm Girl Vintage books and patterns by Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet. Share your plans and ideas for projects using these fun patterns and share your photos of finished projects!

The image in our group icon is from http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.ca/2015/01/pre-order-my-new-bookfarm-girl-vintage.html - definitely a place for some inspiration!
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 18
                        Comments: 76

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X