Blue and White Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamestown Landing by Bonnie Hunter

Does it count if the white is not pure white, but "neutral"? This is the pic from Bonnie Hunter's blog where she advertizes for the book "String Fling" that includes the pattern.

This is one of the WIPs I'm working on. I already have all the neutral string blocks and I am slowly building up the broken dishes units. I aim for a lap sized quilt with as much blue variety as I can. I don't have any pic yet, as I haven't assembled anything: I just have a pile of neutral blocks and a bunch of blue/neutral HSTs,

I call this blue and white! It's gorgeous!

Comment

Yesterday was my first and only PJ's day in months, and I sewed and sewed! I now have (80) 4 1/2" string pieced neutral blocks I have to remove the foundation paper from, plus (100) 4 1/2" broken dishes blocks I have to square up before assembling. According to my math, these should allow for a 48" x 60" top center.

Comment

Awesome! I call that blue & white too!
        Superb job!!!
        Happy Quilting!

Comment

DISCLAIMER: THE FIRST PIC IS NOT MY QUILT BUT MY INSPIRATION. As I already stated on that first post, it is Bonnie Hunter's. I wish I could buy her book String Fling, but international shipping is too expensive. When I checked European distribution, Amazon.co.uk sold the book for 500.00 $!! Crazy!

This is the stage MY quilt is at. A bunch of string neutral blocks and broken dishes:

Comment

My quilt blocks are ready. Boy, are these seams bulky! I'm going to need to repress them with starch before assembling them.

Comment

Just checked amazon.de - price is 12.08 EUR there, check whether you could order from here? might be an idea for a better price. Especially with ebooks ( on Kindle) it might be a good way. I have been goggling at the amazon.com options, drooling over books, notions etc. but it doesn't work to order internationally or is too expensive.
              Rike

Comment

Santa brought me "String Fling"! I was surprised to find out Bonnie Hunter doesn't assemble the units the way I do (as 9Ps), but I had guessed the sizes right. I'm liking the pattern so much I have been sewing more units for a larger quilt than first planned. I just don't know if I have enough blue fabrics for the string pieced outer border.

Comment

Blue and White Quilts

About this Group

This group is for posting pictures and ideas for all blue and white quilts! I just love all the blue and white quilts that members have been posting and thought it would be so awesome to have them all in one place!
                Type: Public
                Topics: 18
                Comments: 24

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X