Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toggpine
    commented on 's reply
    I have ZERO complaints with the gifts that were in my box from you!
    The bumblebee zipper pouch is in my work tote bag every day.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree!!

• KPH
    replied
    I'm excited to get started this year. Remember, this is supposed to be fun and a way to stretch your creativity and skills.

I think the search for projects is almost as much fun as making it!

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    replied
    Thanks everyone!! I finalized this months in my head lol I tend to overthink and go overboard with ideas but I think I thought of the perfect idea!! Glad to get insight on how everyone else is working through their projects!!

Leave a comment:

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    I create when it inspires me. I've learned not to force creativeness. Seasonal and holiday projects in their colours I think are appropriate for everyone. I'm not big on fall colours for every day, but for a fall quilt i would absolutely love it!! So for winter, blues, whites, definitely ok! I just made my winter quilt with blues and whites.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied
    I just create a project that I want to do to fit the theme. Sometimes there is a project that I wait on to make it color specific. For example, last year when I did a disappearing table runner, I waited until I knew what the lady's favorite color was. I was very glad in 2019 that I did start working on projects very early in the year because I ended up being out of the house to work when most people had to stay home.

Years ago, we didn't get our names until a lot later in the year. And even with that, there are sometimes changes that happening even late in the year where your person can change. Also keep in mind, I am sure that your secret santa will love what you made no matter what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Wishaway
    replied
    I worried about that, too, and also decided blue was safe after reading the questionnaire's -- I am working on a couple of things and I figure that if worse comes to worse and my secret pal says she hates the colors I've used, I will just make another in whatever color is okay and set the other aside as a gift for someone else. And really, I think we are all nice people. Even if I get a gift in my least fave color, I will be touched and grateful to get it, and I think most people will feel that way. Thoughtful surprises are always fun!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied
    I tend to work as I get inspired. If it's a color that's a definite no go, I'll go back and make another project, and keep the first for the emergency box or as hostess gift.

Since January is a winter walk/ trapunto. I think blues would be appropriate. I know I've been waiting for supplies to arrive. Mike's off tomorrow, but my plans are to start working on January's project by Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Syracuselax
    replied
    This is my first time participating. I think I’ll collect ideas but wait till I get my person.

Leave a comment:

• Momofmonsters5
    started a topic Question for everyone

Question for everyone

How is everyone dealing with doing projects for an unknown person? I'm stuck on colors lol I know what project I want to do for January but stuck with what colors to use. Blue calls to me as a safe color lol Just wanted to see everyone's take. I know we'll get our santa in March, excited!! I do want to get a head start on projects and planning.
You need to join this group before viewing any content.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X