Question for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for everyone

How is everyone dealing with doing projects for an unknown person? I'm stuck on colors lol I know what project I want to do for January but stuck with what colors to use. Blue calls to me as a safe color lol Just wanted to see everyone's take. I know we'll get our santa in March, excited!! I do want to get a head start on projects and planning.

This is my first time participating. I think I’ll collect ideas but wait till I get my person.

Comment

I tend to work as I get inspired. If it's a color that's a definite no go, I'll go back and make another project, and keep the first for the emergency box or as hostess gift.

Since January is a winter walk/ trapunto. I think blues would be appropriate. I know I've been waiting for supplies to arrive. Mike's off tomorrow, but my plans are to start working on January's project by Tuesday.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I worried about that, too, and also decided blue was safe after reading the questionnaire's -- I am working on a couple of things and I figure that if worse comes to worse and my secret pal says she hates the colors I've used, I will just make another in whatever color is okay and set the other aside as a gift for someone else. And really, I think we are all nice people. Even if I get a gift in my least fave color, I will be touched and grateful to get it, and I think most people will feel that way. Thoughtful surprises are always fun!

Comment

I just create a project that I want to do to fit the theme. Sometimes there is a project that I wait on to make it color specific. For example, last year when I did a disappearing table runner, I waited until I knew what the lady's favorite color was. I was very glad in 2019 that I did start working on projects very early in the year because I ended up being out of the house to work when most people had to stay home.

Years ago, we didn't get our names until a lot later in the year. And even with that, there are sometimes changes that happening even late in the year where your person can change. Also keep in mind, I am sure that your secret santa will love what you made no matter what it is.

Comment

• toggpine
            toggpine commented
            Editing a comment
            I have ZERO complaints with the gifts that were in my box from you!
            The bumblebee zipper pouch is in my work tote bag every day.

I create when it inspires me. I've learned not to force creativeness. Seasonal and holiday projects in their colours I think are appropriate for everyone. I'm not big on fall colours for every day, but for a fall quilt i would absolutely love it!! So for winter, blues, whites, definitely ok! I just made my winter quilt with blues and whites.
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Thanks everyone!! I finalized this months in my head lol I tend to overthink and go overboard with ideas but I think I thought of the perfect idea!! Glad to get insight on how everyone else is working through their projects!!

Comment

I'm excited to get started this year. Remember, this is supposed to be fun and a way to stretch your creativity and skills.

I think the search for projects is almost as much fun as making it!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
                Momofmonsters5 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to agree!!
            You need to join this group before viewing any content.

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X