Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

December's Number is....and about next year's group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad that you are joining. You can also add your clothing items <wish list> to your list. It's not exclusively for quilts.

• Hillbillyhike
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Rachel! Maybe I'll get brave lol.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    Don't give up!! Batiks are very different to quilt than cotton. I've quilted a few, I have sandwhiched right now. They are hard on your needles and dull them fast. Did you start with a brand new needle? I'll use the same needle as long as I can but not with batiks.

• Momofmonsters5
    commented on 's reply
    Yes!! I've done up to a full on my machine. Make it easy on yourself with the quilt pattern because it does get heavy and gloves help!!

• tfrankum
    replied
    Thanks everyone who hosts, posts, and gives me inspiration to work on my UFO’s. This year was a clean out year. I never have many going at one time anymore, but this year, I eliminated 2 projects that I no longer want to make. I will have 2 UFOs for next year, since they are year long projects this year. After my disaster trying to quilt my batik ufo, having to rip out 3 times, and finally putting it away until I can pay someone to do it, I’m hesitant to load anything on my frame. Maybe next year I will be eager to do that. Even though I haven’t been quilting much, I have been watching and posting when I have something. Have been doing a lot of garment sewing this year. Hoping next year will balance out more and you will see some quilts from me.

Leave a comment:

• 201 Treadler
    replied
    Just wanted to say Thank you for hosting the group this year Kimsophia.
    Will try to locate 8, many thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    replied
    Thank you Kim for putting your trust in me. I hope I can be as diligent as you were to get our numbers out, and keeping us motivated. I think my # 8 was done in August, as I was on roll to quilt tops I made this past winter. I will focus on quilting #14 top which was added last month to the list.

Leave a comment:

• Hillbillyhike
    replied
    Thank you kimsophia! I will join next year again...sooner than this year, lol. It has been very helpful in getting things done. Thanks Suzanne for hosting 2021! My Christmas wallhanging will be done this week. Only mama's quilt is left. I have been putting that one off as now she wants a twin xl size for her new bed and I have to enlarge it. I don't really want to take it to an LA right now with all the covid stuff and not sure about quilting it on my regular sewing machine. Think it'll fit?

Leave a comment:

• chelea
    replied
    My #8 is a new project. I've had the layer cake and pattern since 2012. I need to sew up a tree skirt so won't have time to start something new this month.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of this group. I didn't accomplish all 12 projects, but did complete 6 quilts and 3 additional tops, far more than I would have otherwise. I'm excited to put together my 2021 list and look forward to that burst of energy I seem to find in January.

kimsophia, thank you for being our fearless leader and keeping us on track this year! Suzanne, thanks for taking over! Here's to better days ahead!

Leave a comment:

• kimsophia
    started a topic December's Number is....and about next year's group!

December's Number is....and about next year's group!

Eight! The number eight is the last number I've drawn on the last piece of paper in the dusty jar by my computer! So #8 on your list is the December project! What's yours?

I have some good news about the 2021 Finishing Group: Suzanne has agreed to lead it! So say THANK YOU to Suzanne for stepping up!

Participating in this group this year has been helpful to me. All of your work is inspiring to see! And I just finished my biggest and most difficult needlepoint project today and have it blocking on my blocking board. I will put up a photo soon.

My best wishes to everyone who joined this year and may 2021 be ten thousand times better than 2020 has been!
2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
Type: Public
Topics: 41
Comments: 423

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X