I’ve been slacking but finally finished one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been slacking but finally finished one

This has been a strange year and I have not accomplished much in the sewing room, other than some small projects and mending jobs. I finally decided late last month that it was time to tackle the backlog, and I started with my problem child - the denim quilt. Big, heavy, and hard to quilt, but a friend was waiting for it and it was time to power through and finish it. It’s made from commemorative denim jackets and shirts owned by a rodeo committee man and team roper. Quilting is far from perfect - I finally just quit trying to fix mistakes and let them happen. It has a fleece back and that hides most of it anyway. (Sorry it’s sideways- that’s a California King bed it’s on to give you an idea of it’s size)Click image for larger version

Name:	ED485CCB-F7BD-4C1A-B446-6617A1B95DC4.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1930055
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

California King, what a brave quilter you are. My cousin and her hubby have a ca king.. and what did I quilt for them, a throw for the back of their couch. They loved it, that's all that counts.

Your quilt turned out to be a beautiful labor of love and I am sure it will be loved and cherished.

Comment

Wow that is a big quilt, especially for denim. You must be relieved to have it done and gone. It turned out beautiful and I'm certain your friend will love it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

That's a huge, absolutely beautiful quilt!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

That is a huge accomplishment. Nice job, it looks great! I love the jacket parts.
          Rainy days are for quilting. Thank goodness I live in a rainforest! 😁

Comment

Great job! Both denim and a fleece back? Did you use a quilting foot? Break a lot of needles?

Comment

Wow you did a fabulous job on that quilt! I can only imagine all the pulling and tugging involved getting that heavy monster through your machine! Your next quilt will feel like a piece of cake after this.

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 39
              Comments: 377

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X