August's Number is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August's Number is...

Two! So see how your number 2 tickles your fancy!

Man, does it seem like this July is lasting forever to you? It seems like the longest month ever to me. Ugh! 🙀 But then I've been quarantined for five months and two days now...😒
    Last edited by kimsophia; July 29, 2020, 08:00 PM.

Well, my number 2 got folded up and put back on the hanging rack. It’s the only ufo that is actually a completed top. Tried to quilt it back in May, but it’s all batiks that’s came in a kit, so they haven’t been washed, and my machine was not going to quilt through it. It would skip stitches so bad, I finally gave up and took it off the frame. Will have to quilt that one by Credit card..😩. So, I continue working on the three that are year long projects.
    I thought July zipped by! For me, the months are flying by at record pace. We’ve been in quarantine too, but I’m home all the time anyway, so it’s not much different for me. Hope everyone is having a safe and happy summer and getting lots of sewing done!

Comment

• Momofmonsters5
      Momofmonsters5 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not in this group but should be lol I have 20 quilts that need to quilted. Just to give you some ideas due to I've had this issue and have a long arm and regular machine. Did you start with a fresh needle? Batiks are hard on needles and rotary cutters too. They dull them fast. I've found that takes care of the issue. Less expensive then sending out just more of a pain to keep changing. Hope that helps!!

I finished my #2 in January. I'm working on the March project but haven't gotten into the sewing room for a couple of weeks. I thought July flew by too and for some reason, I'm looking forward to fall. Maybe it's because so many of our usual summertime activities aren't possible due to the virus. Bonnie Hunter had the cutest saying on her blog a few days ago: "Gonna ask my mom if that offer to slap me into the middle of next year is still on the table!"
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I made my #2 top at a quilt retreat in Oct 2019. It is loaded on the LA and I hope to have it finished soon. Better late than never.
      Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; September 18, 2020, 06:11 PM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
      Type: Public
      Topics: 37
      Comments: 354

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X