June's Number is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June's Number is...

Five! So take a look at number 5 on your lists and see how that works for you!

Well, June is one of my year long projects, so I can still be focused on my Tonga quilt that is still taunting me from the quilt frame. Maybe this will be the month!!!

Comment

Woohoo! This ufo started as a pile of blocks and I put the top together a couple months ago, so it just needs to be quilted.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Well...the Tonga quilt won! I finally got the machine tension balanced, made it 6” into the first row, and the thread broke. After 1 hour, 3 breaks, 4 stops for huge skipped stitches, and only making it 2/3 of a row, I decided my setup just wasn’t going to manage this quilt. I don’t know if it’s the double sided batiks, the fact that is hasn’t been washed yet, or something else entirely, but I took it off the frame, folded it up, and hung it on my rails. Will either have to save up to have someone else quilt it or quit till I get another set up...maybe a real longarm. Off to something else!

Comment

• kimsophia
          kimsophia commented
          Editing a comment
          I find nothing more frustrating than machine problems! Arrrgh!

Hi! I hope you are all doing well and your families are safe and sound!
        I procrastinate posting here as I still can't get used to the new forum format on my phone. Now I am on the laptop and I sneaked in to see all your progress.
        I haven't sewed for the last weeks, I just basted one of the mystery quilts I started during the quarentine.
        My number 5 is hand quilting my hexis...

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 33
        Comments: 320

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X