Running in place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running in place!

I don’t know about anyone else, but this month has been ‘sewing heavy’, but I haven’t gotten any UFO’s finished...have made a few masks, some reusable paper towels, a bag, and repaired my sewing machine. I got a quilt loaded on my frame, but can’t get the tension adjusted right. Worked on it for 2 hours one day and finally had to walk away. It’s my UFO for this month, and I really want to finish it, but I don’t have any desire to go back to it and fight with the tension! Just needed to vent! I feel like I’m running in place...getting a lot done, but nothing off my list.

Just a thought ...I have a long arm and have dealt with tension issues ...is it your thread? I know it sounds strange but sometimes it just doesn't like a spool of thread or maybe the thread in the bobbin. Not sure what side of the tension you're having issues with?

Comment

• tfrankum
      tfrankum commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it’s not the thread. I have a Bernina 820 that sits in a trolley on a quilt frame. I can adjust the tension with the machine on my table, moving a quilt sample under the stitch regulator and get it set. Then, I shut it off, move it to the trolley, and when I test it up there, it’s all wonky. I put all the settings back where they were when it was on the table. Who knows!!

When is the last time you backed your upper tension all the way out & cleaned that area well? I had never thought to do that until the repairman at my LQS mentioned it. You might need to count the revolutions so you can put it back where it was. I have a Baby Lock Tiara II table LA. It can be frustrating to get the tension just right. I think there is something on the Superior web site about tension adjustments.

I watched one of Jamie Wallen's tutorials on YT about care & cleaning of one's LA. You might find that helpful as well.

Comment

• tfrankum
      tfrankum commented
      Editing a comment
      It just came back from being service twice in the last month. It should be spotless. Either way, I can’t take this one apart to clean anything except the bobbin case area and the feed dog area.😬

often feel like that, its like peddling up a very steep mountain the summit keeps getting further away.
    🤞 for the tension to comply.

Comment

• JCY
      JCY commented
      Editing a comment
      tfrankum ~ I didn't mean for you to take anything apart. I just suggested screwing out the top tension so all those grooves can be cleaned. But if you just had it in the shop, it should be good to go. Adjusting the tension is a tricky thing. I frequently get frustrated.
2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
Type: Public
Topics: 41
Comments: 387

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
X