2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowgirl Quilter’s list

Ok, folks, I have way too many ufo’s built up around here. I used to keep up much better with my projects. Hoping that joining you all will help motivate me a little. I am putting the one I need to get done first at #9.

1. Clean and adjust the machine on my quilt frame and finish the anvil quilt that’s on it. I’ve been avoiding this one.
    2. Quilt the Chocolate exchange quilt. It is assembled, layered and pinned. Since it’s from a Treadle exchange, it has to be quilted on a treadle
    3. Quilt the NW TOBE exchange quilt, same conditions as #2
    4. Plan and assemble Cougar quilt for my grandson. Purchased center panel, ran out of time before Christmas so put it up for later
    5. Make a quilt with Block Lotto blocks. - actually have two sets of these, a scrap set and a sunset colors set
    6. Mary Ann’s quilt- I bought the fabric for this one several years ago, planned and started cutting- then had to move and boxed it all up. I had frankly forgotten it until a craft room cleaning session. If I can just figure out what I was planning...
    7. Start the Sandwash Basin quilt - intricate paper piecing. Quilt kit a gift from my son a few years ago.
    8. Quilt ufo quilt top - I have two tucked away. Kind of waiting until #1 is complete.
    9. Louisa’s quilt - she’s waiting for this one - a late wedding gift. I had the top done but ran out of time to quilt it
    10. Do something with the Farm Wife blocks - finished them all but never assembled. That group kind of fizzled out.
    11. Not a quilt, but I have several old machines waiting to be cleaned and put back in sewing condition, so adding them to this list - get at least one going and make something on it.
    12. - leaving this one for the “one I forgot about”

Thanks for including me in your group! Kathleen
    sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Kathleen, I've already added two things I found in my sewing room to my list!

I'm hoping that I can get my treadle up and running this year!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Ok, so its not a quilt, and it's not on the list, but a finished project, left over from Christmas, so I added a picture of my grandson's new hatband. I enjoy hand beadwork, especially on snowy days, curled up on the couch by the wood stove.
      sigpicIf you can't see the mistake from the back of a galloping horse, nobody is going to notice it.

Comment

It’s pretty! Thanks for sharing..

Comment

A finish is a FINISH! Looks great.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Only had to borrow a couple of days in February to finish January's project. Yeah! Not sure #10 is going to be done in February, though - I walked into my sewing room and immediately spotted another "need to finish" project that didn't get listed. Oops! I may let it cut in line. Denim quilt, made from a friend's rodeo jackets and shirts.

Comment

I love the Irish chain quilt. That is beautiful

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 40
              Comments: 387

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                Willcox and Gibbs
                by chelea
                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
              • KPH
                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                by KPH
                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
              • KPH
                Secret Santa Arrivals
                by KPH
                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
              • Monique
                It has arrived
                by Monique
                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
              • KPH
                New Leader needed for 2021
                by KPH
                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
              Working...
              X