No announcement yet.

Lourixe (Monica) UFO list for 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fortune and Frolic are now finished quilts, I just need better light for decent pics. I am now assembling a very old WIP, an Ocean Waves quilt from all the scraps and bonus triangles accumulated along the last years.

Comment

Oh, my! It must have taken me 20 minutes fighting the Advanced Search form, to find this thread! I am so happy I had updated my finishes before the change!

Comment

Well, I think I am getting the hang on this new forum format. I still miss the text under the forum pics, as I used it to write down size, fabric line (if any), type of batting and quilting... And it was great reading your comments!
        I behaved so well during January and February, finishing 4 large sized UFOs, that I allowed myself to play a little with new piecing: I pulled out my Mason jar of crumbs and started a few Pineapple Crazy blocks from Bonnie Hunter's "String Fling" book. Considering each 5" block has 45 pieces, guess how tiny they are! I am definitely not goin

Comment

• Old Newbie
          Old Newbie commented
          Editing a comment
          I am deeply impressed. Those are beautiful

• chelea
          chelea commented
          Editing a comment
          those little pineapples are fabulous...how are you constructing them?

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          wow, but not goin?
          its like a cliff hanger in a movie

Thanks for the compliments! This is foundation paper piecing: the book includes the pattern that I made 16 copies of before I run out of ink in my printer, and actually I don't have much more variety of fabrics, so I will keep it this small (instead of the 200+ bocks that a big quilt requires, this is just for fun!). The pattern also has a pieced border made from more paper pieced units, in this case triangles.
        This is a pic of the detail of the corner I found on the internet: Click image for larger version

Name:	e9a731e94b95666f9693eca1aaa433c7.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1901846

Comment

I love pineapples and have done a few little paper-pieced ones for pincushions. I just picked up the creative grids pineapple trim tool and it makes HUGE pineapples, but they're not nearly as charming as the mini ones, imho.
          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

With Spain under lockout, and having lost my job for at least the next 3 months, there is going to be a lot of sewing in my future. This morning I finally basted my largest UFO, the queen sized Gypsy Crossroads, that I am going to custom quilt.
            I also intend to pull out a box of old ragged clothes for another upcycled project: the quilts we use the most at home are those I made out of our old clothes (lozenges is usually on my side on the bed, hatchet stars on the couch)
            Attached Files

Comment

Spent most of the morning fighting my cat for the control of the quilt I was FMQing... My sewing table happens to be the sunniest spot of the house! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200316_132553.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	1903369

Comment

A very pretty quilt and kitty! That quilting is also neat. Looks kind of like peapods to me, at least the round circle ones

Comment

They do look like pea pods, don't they? I used randomly 4 different designs within orange peel shapes, and did ruler work on the scrappy 16Ps.
                  I now need to quilt the borders, but I am going to sew some face masks first. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200317_145102_176.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	1904112

Comment

Gorgeous colors and gorgeous quilting!
                    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Hello Monica, It seems that our quarentine is helping to finish our UFO´s, but I must say that your quilting is beautiful, I love it, but you have to change a little work because we still have another 15 days to be home without leaving. I hope it is not done very heavy but as everyone says this will happen and we will enjoy life again, although with more precautions. I encourage you and everyone in this forum

Comment

I still haven't finished the quilting on Gypsy Crossroads (one last outer border to go) but I have been busy during the lockdown with recycled fabrics (from shirts, dresses, sheets...) that I used Bonnie Hunter's Mountain Majesties pattern with. I am now completing Edyta Sitar quarentine mystery and considering to join Bonnie Hunter's tomorrow. None of this is an UFO but because all businesses are closed I can't purchase any batting for my waiting tops. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200329_150418_434.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1905235Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200329-182810~2.png
Views:	72
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1905236

Comment

Lourixe it seems that this quarantine has brought out our creative side, I like your blocks and the cover Mountain Mayestic seems fabolous to me , I have so many shirts from my husband that I no longer used because he has dropped three sizes, that possibly I will copy your idea, although this month I have the Bargello and I am determined to finish it. Meanwhile "We stay at home and we will win". Congratulations for all your work

Comment

Thanks, Rosario!

And this is the beginning of Unity mystery by Bonnie Hunter... Only I made my units wrong and they spin the other way around. Let's call it a "creative oportunity"... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200330_231257_313.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	625.1 KB
ID:	1905409

Comment

All my work is"creative opportunities"...lol Yours are very pretty. How do you get those points so accurate?

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 32
                              Comments: 305

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X