Lourixe (Monica) UFO list for 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lourixe (Monica) UFO list for 2020

My UFO list is almost an exact copy of 2019's (sigh)

1.- Quilting Crazy for Shelburne Carolina Chains. Started 2015.
    2.- Quilting On Ringo Lake Started Nov. 2017.FINISHED!!!!
    3.- Quilting Jamestown Landing. Started 2016. FINISHED!!!! JANUARY
    4.- Quilting Senior quilt (365Challenge of 2016). Started Jan. 2016. MAY
    5.- Hand quilting hexi top. Started 2015. JUNE
    6.- Assembling Scrappy 60º triangles. Started 2017. APRIL
    7.- Quilting Scrappy 60º triangles. Started 2017.
    8.- Quilting Gypsy Crossroads: Almost there! Only borders left to quilt. Started 2015.
    9.- Finish piecing Frolic. Started Nov. 2019. DONE!!!!!
    10.- Quilting Good Fortune. Started Nov. 2018. FINISHED!!!! FEBRUARY
    11.- Quilting Frolic. FINISHED!!!!
    12.- Finish Ocean Waves. Top completed? (Does it need borders?) MARCH

Start-to-finish projects
    1.- Blue table runner DONE!!!!!
    2.- Sleeping Beauty cushion and book DONE!!!!!
    3.- Red Broken Dishes (leaders&enders HSTs) DONE!!!!!
    4.- Fairy cushion cover DONE!!!!!
    5.- Mystery quilt 100 by Edita Sytar (COVID19 sewalong). Basted
    6.- Unity mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter (COVID19 sewalong). At a standstill... Do I really need another gigantic quilt?

I might start some projects as well, as none of these is a portable hand sewing item that I can carry with me when I go visit/nurse relatives. Maybe some cross stitching or a new EPP. I also have a flannel FQ bundle that would be perfect to make my uncle a quilt, but I need to think an easy pattern that would maximize the fabric.
    Last edited by lourixe; Yesterday, 04:18 PM.

Your first line made me laugh, Monica. I love the place names in your quilts.

Comment

If you were a fan of quilting with your checkbook you could wipe out over 3/4's of your list in a couple of hours
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Don’t feel bad. Mine is a repeat of last year too...

Comment

Quilting by check is not an option in Spain: it is a craft which isn't popular yet, there are few LAers and it would cost several K$ for all of my quilts.
          Plus, I don't mind FMQing now I bought a larger machine. My dream would be if there was any rental LA in my neck of the woods. The part of the process I hate (and procrastinate) the most, is basting the sandwich. I have just pulled out my UFO's #2, #3 & #8 and I have batting enough for 2 of them, I must now check about backing options.

Comment

Ugh, sandwiching/basting is my least favorite part too. Once you get a start on that quilting I'll bet it will go quickly.
            Michele

Comment

If it weren't for basting spray my quilts wouldn't have happened. :P

Comment

Mine is 2/3 of last years as well. I look forward to seeing your Bonnie Hunter quilts. I have the instructions saved, but haven't even though about starting either of them.
                Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
                🙄

Comment

One thing about FMQing really old UFOs: you become aware of how much your piecing skills have improved since you made them! It is a check on your quilting skills to "quilt out" the excess fabric in some parts.

Comment

True enough!
                    Sometimes I wonder why I bought some of the fabric in my stash, since I wasn't smart enough at the time to put a label with a pattern name on it. I know they "go together" because I have them all folded in with each other. I'm glad I'm sooooo much smarter now! Lol!
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Yikes! My blue sampler UFO is almost 20 years old. Hope I don't have too much trouble getting things to stay flat.
                      Michele

Comment

I quilted the beast to death and Jamestown Landing is ready for binding!
                        Due to the excess fullness in many of the blocks I spent much more time that would be needed for an utility quilt, meandering lines aprox. 3/8" apart. I have been very lucky and no pleats, just a couple of very tiny almost invisible tucks. Both the pattern and fabrics are so busy that even if the horse you ride goes a slow pace, you wouldn't notice.

Comment

Congratulations on your progress! I like dense quilting best.

Comment

I love the quilting on your Jamestown Landing. The empty space highlights the pattern. That is really beautiful.

Comment

Oh that's gorgeous! The quilting is spectacular. I'm so envious of anyone with loads of neutrals in their stash.
                              Michele

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 32
                              Comments: 305

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X