No announcement yet.

Chelea's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sashing has saved me a lot of tears of frustration. So glad you are having success...

Comment

This is the Block Heads 2 quilt I finished in February. Fabric is mostly Snowberry by 3 Sisters with a little Grunge, Moda marbles and other reds from my stash thrown in so it wouldn't look too matchy-matchy. Quilted by M*
      Last edited by chelea; March 8th, 2020, 12:10 PM.
      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

I love it! And it isn't an easy task, balancing not only the different sizes but also the density of the different patterns. And all those perfecly matching points!

Comment

That is gorgeous.

Comment

Wow, look at all those triangles! GREAT JOB!

Comment

I'm going to throw in the towel, wave the white flag and call a cease fire on the #5 project on my list. After spending an entire long weekend stitching countless 5" pinwheels, they're not playing nice with my 5" alternate plain squares and I'm over it. They will go spend some time in a bin that I don't intend to open anytime soon. Grrrrr.
              Now back to #9....
              Michele

Comment

Sometimes you just need a good long break! Frustration, arrrrrgh!

Comment

I just couldn't let it go. I took apart the whole quilt. It was almost a twin size. Came up with a new plan and finished the blocks tonight. Now for some sashing. I'd like to quilt it myself but it'll be more like a full size and I really hate shoving that much fabric around. We'll see.
                  Michele

Comment

I quilted my first large quilt by quilting wavy, watery lines from side to side in a home sewing machine. It was a coin quilt. I had to scroll it up to fit it through the harp of the machine. I didn't know that I needed to not always go the same direction from the same side so the coin columns got warped to the one side. I had read you shouldn't scroll it up but I just couldn't manage it any other way. I did another large quilt by just machine stitching the big (8 inch) blocks as stitch in the ditch, but then I added hand quilting using a multi-colored purl cotton to give it a fun look and to add more reinforcement quilting. There was a Craftsy (now Bluprint) class I took called Creative Quilting: Alternatives to Free Motion with Susan Cleveland that I found very helpful.

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 32
                    Comments: 310

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X