Chelea's List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelea's List

Happy to join the Group this year. My pile of ufo's is growing so it's time for me to set some goals to get them finished. Hopefully this will help me hold myself accountable. Here are my lists; one is for ufo's actually started, the other list is for new projects waiting in line (fabric, pattern and supplies are already purchased). I'm also about 3 months into a year-long Gypsy Wife class so need to keep up with that as well.

UFO's in progress:

1. Bock Heads 2 - finish top, send to M* for quilting, bind (FINISHED!)
    2. Ibiza - border, quilt, bind (FINISHED!)
    3. Nana Mae - finish top (done), quilt, bind
    4. Kaffe Fassett coin - finish top, quilt, bind - May (FINISHED!)
    5. Pinwheels - put top together (done), quilt, bind
    6. Blue sampler - quilt, bind - April (FINISHED!)
    7. Flannel baby quilt - quilt, bind (FINISHED!)

New projects:

8. Reunion - Sweetwater Zig-Zag
    9. Mimi - Mimi's Daisy Chains - January (top done)
    10. Autumn Lily - Courthouse Steps - February (top done)
    11. Shibori - Jewel Box (Donna Jordan version)
    12. Victoria - Nine Patch and Hourglass - March

If I finish my monthly projects with time to spare, work on these:

Flannel rag
    Swan
    T-shirt quilt
    Gypsy Wife
    Village
    Last edited by chelea; May 25th, 2020, 07:33 AM.
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

I'm working on #9, which is a new project on my list, but it was bugging me that I'm not working on an actual UFO. So I stopped and finished the little flannel quilt. Now I can go back to what I was doing
    Michele

Comment

Lovely colors!

Comment

thanks! the green is coming across as olive in the pic but it's actually lime
        Michele

Comment

I decided to take my pile of UFOs out of the closet and put them on the Ikea rolling cart so they'd be in plain sight. Now they're taunting me.
          I took another detour when pretty little flimsy Ibiza kept calling me..."psst! hurry up! I can become a real quilt in no time!".
          So I added a second border, walking-foot quilted it and finished hand sewing the binding today. This one is a double-win because the 2 fabrics for the pieced backing have been in my stash for over 10 years. Pics to follow.
          Edit: it's VERY crinkly in the photo because I washed and dried it.
          Michele

Comment

Yea! A finished quilt AND stash busting!! Go you!
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

You are just Zipping right along on those UFO’s!

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt. Why is the name Ibiza?

Comment

Thanks! The name is not original; I used it because I couldn't think of a better one. Ibiza is the name of the pre-cut, it was by Rosemary Lavin for Windham Fabrics back in 2014. It feels kind of beach-y to me and I love any shade of aqua, which reminds me of the islands. So Ibiza it is.
                  Michele

Comment

Another finish. I named the blue sampler "Number Three" as it was my third quilt, pieced/appliqued in 2001. It was my oldest UFO, sitting there because I couldn't decide how to quilt it. The pattern booklet has a suggested quilting diagram for each of the blocks and I did start to hand quilt it a couple of times but just couldn't get into it. I decided on walking foot straight lines...as they say, finished is better than perfect. I'm rather happy with the results. I sewed a sleeve onto the back in case I ever decide to hang it, did the binding by hand and added a label. Very happy to cross this oldie but goodie off my list.
                    Michele

Comment

I love the diagonal quilting, this is a beautiful quilt and from 2001! That must make you so happy.

Comment

I think I've done all I can this month. Gypsy Wife is kicking my tookas. I did get a lot done, but just not #9.
                        Michele

Comment

Another finish, the Kaffe Fassett coin quilt. It became a UFO because, once the coins were sewn together, I had intended to slice the coins and re-arrange them in asymmetrical columns. Couldn't decide on exact dimensions so it was put aside. In the end, I just put it together as a traditional coin quilt. After each of these UFO finishes, hubs asks me why I didn't finish the quilt in the first place. There's always a story, and it's been good for me to think about why they went unfinished. Maybe I can avoid making so many in the future.
                          Michele

Comment

Ooh, share your stories about why if you feel comfortable...it's always good to learn from our stitching sisters...

Comment

Squeaked in one more finish for February. Got the binding stitched on the Block Heads quilt tonight. This one became a UFO for a short time because I couldn't decide on the layout. Ultimately I chose the one suggested by one of the BH designers using sashing vs trying to match seams in the various blocks, which would have been a nightmare. So happy to see this one completed. It was the 2018-2019 Moda Block Heads 2 block of the week and took a almost a year to complete the 52 blocks. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. Named it Turning Point because after completing it, I feel brave enough to tackle most anything.
                              Michele

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 32
                              Comments: 310

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X