• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cathy's List

A. Flannel sleep pants

1. Sharon's quilt (FMQ part left)
    2. Kimberley's quilt (quilting)
    3. Zebra quilt (quilting)
    4. Cutting mat & ruler tote (construction)
    5. Sasquatch flannel quilt (finish cutting, construct, quilt)
    6. Halloween quilt (Mom's = quilting, Mine=construct & quilt)
    7. Trip Around the World Quilt (place blocks to finish top, quilt)
    8. Christmas Trip around the World (place blocks to finish top, quilt)
    9. Elephant quilt (CT laser cut appliqué)
    10. 100 Elephants & 1 mouse quilt (design, construct, quilt)
    11. Holiday panel quilts
    12. Tulip Purses x 4 (closures, straps, final assembly) (1/1/2020)
    13. Textured fidget squares x 15 (create channels, +marble, top stitch close) (1/5/2020)

Apparently leaving that #12 blank was a good idea, as I found something to go in there! I'm going to add 13 just in case I find something else while working in the sewing room!

The flannel sleep pants are in several different stages of completion. They go pretty fast, so I'm hoping that I can knock them out while I home on Christmas break from school/work. Therefore, I am counting them as A. as I expect that they will be done in 2019.

Let's see how this goes!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Great list. I find it useful to list what needs to be done for each item. Good luck.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I agree with Suzanne. This is a list of a great planner

Comment

I'm adding another project. I needed a bag for my sister for her latest craft adventure. I remembered the tulip purse pattern I had. I did some digging and I had put them in a project box and left them for dead for some reason.
        There were 3 of them left to finish. The pattern claims to be a 2 hour pattern! HA!
        I timed it 1:44.33 just to cut all the pieces and adhere the fusibles. I didn't start the stopwatch until I made the first cut. I listed all the pockets/pieces i needed and even cheated a bit by laying out the fabric and folding it to see how many layers I could stack to cut at the same time. So if you started from a closed pattern & a blank cutting table, add some time.
        I tapped the stop watch off at 6:20 and change. I paused it when I went to the bathroom, during lunch, dinner, and farm chores. It wasn't overly complicated, but certainly not 2 hours if you follow all of the directions.

So I am crossing off Tulip Purses X 4 for a 2020 finish!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 41
        Comments: 394

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X