Views:	88
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1904870

Comment

• tfrankum
      tfrankum commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks so comfy!

You can see the back is different fabric than the front but I made do with what I had on hand

Comment

I love it. Your cushions turned out beautiful.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

That nightgown looks so nice and snuggly.
        Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Thanks!

I seem to be dredging up ideas that I never put on my list but have accumulated the pieces for. One idea is a hexagonal handkerchief crazy quilt. I saw a photo of this online and loved it:
          https://www.pinterest.com/pin/562598178433540085/

She said she made it with 3 and 1/2 inch hexagons, and I'm finding out hexagons are measured by one of the outside edge lengths. I'm not sure if I want to go that large.

I really love vintage embroidery and I've been keeping an eye online for sales of pretty things, plus my aunt sent me a bunch of old crocheting from her mother-in-law. So today I've been ironing dozens of old hankies. I also searched my whole sewing room trying to locate my expensive little beads, like the Mill Hill brand... I finally found them but it's keeping me busy. ;-)

Comment

Great finishes!

Comment

The past week I've been spending my energy gardening instead of sewing but it is getting cold and rainy again, so I picked up the museum needlepoint. I discovered I could resize the photo I have to get a better grip on the pattern. I don't recommend trying to copy stitches from a photo on the computer! But blown up in size it makes it more possible.

I found some muslin in my sewing room closet so the handkerchief crazy quilt can advance when I get a yen to work on that, too. Hope everyone is able to destress in these trying times.

Comment

I have finished the bottom left hand quarter of the museum needlepoint, so one fourth of the total. The number of devils on this piece is bizarre. Unlike most Berlin woolwork spot motif pieces there are no flowers. I wonder if a male sewed the original. It has devils, animals, sports, initials...
                Attached Files

Comment

that is an amazing piece of history, there is a train in 1818 or 1878 so many initials, the bike reminds me of a wooden one Guy Martin made, zoomed down a steep hill at Gayle Mill, wow,
                  well done on the work so far, look forward to your finish

Comment

Yeah, it's strange history and the kit I got is not identical to the original. It leaves things out, moves stuff around and doesn't have most of the initials. You have to wonder who or what the initials stood for in the original. The museum lists the date as 1878 and the letter in the center as an M, which it doesn't exactly look like to me but the Old English calligraphy is confusing.

I am doing a lot more baking, and my old oven mitts don't seem to keep the heat out as well as they once did so I've been working on a new oven mitt project today from this tutorial. https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/free...n-mitt-2977980 I have layered scraps cut off the edges of my Village quilt laying around that will work.

Comment

Thanks for the oven mitt link. I have small hands, so I tried sewing one from cutting an old one I had apart and tracing the pattern. The new ones are too big! Couldn’t even get my hand into the one I sewed. It ended up becoming a pot holder instead.🤨. So, Now I don’t even have my old ratty oven mitt. I’m putting this on my list for this week!

Comment

• kimsophia
                        kimsophia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My printer resized the mitt template too small so I tried to draw it bigger. My attempt fits awkwardly on my hand between the thumb part and mitten part, but I can get my hand in it and it is protecting me from burns at least.

The needlepoint continues around here when my arms aren't too tired out from gardening. We are getting a freeze on Friday night so I'm glad I haven't planted the tomatoes outside yet. I once volunteered for a gardening group and the old timers warned me to never plant tender things outside before Mother's Day around here.

I'm guessing the needlepoint is 1/3rd done. More than a fourth and less than a half. I've gotten a few more books on the history of American samplers. Some eight year olds had completed complicated pieces of stitching! I didn't even learn to cross stitch until my early teens.

I hope everyone is finding enjoyment in their stitching in these trying times.

Comment

I am nearly halfway done with the needlepoint. I've been enjoying researching Berlin work needlepoint in the 1800s. I even contacted a researcher who wrote a dissertation on an invalid American woman's Berlin work but haven't heard anything back yet. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've bought a lot of used books online on the topic and consider myself pretty well informed on the topic. I enjoy the online research but one can get endlessly lost in Pinterest pages...that's a rabbit hole to go down!

I've been mending a quilt top I finished years ago. The seams aren't holding up and it hasn't even been washed yet. I never did quilt it--it is just a top with a fake furry backing. No batting is inside. It sits on the foot on my bed to be light and keep my feet warm. I was hoping I could get away with that but it seems I need to stitch in the ditch to keep it intact and boy does it have a lot of seams...

Comment

• chelea
                          chelea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have an old quilt given to me by my MIL, but she didn't make it so I don't have much info on it's origins. It looks like it might be 30's prints, hand quilted. I did gently wash it. It has a few areas where it's coming apart at the seams and a few very tiny holes on the print pieces. I've decided to just keep it as is and not try to repair it because it's not usable anyway. I wouldn't be comfortable washing it again.
                      2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 32
                      Comments: 307

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X