No announcement yet.

Suzanne's 2020 List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the colors very much, and love the floral backing fabric: this kind of busy prints is very forgiving while quilting!

Comment

I finished 2 Victoria donation quilts in April, made about 20 masks so far and have backing for one large quilt almost all pieced. I hope to get back to my UFfOs. Lord knows that we have a lot of indoor time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	1907403Click image for larger version

Views:	162
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1907404

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I haven't tackled my actual numbered list this month, as I have been focused on making face masks for family & friends. I sewed a new ironing board cover, other one I burnt, forgetting that I don't use my Oliso anymore. I also made some microwave plate cozies (12") and 30 baby terry washcloths. I also finished covering 2 of 8 glider plane seat cushions. None of them are the same. It felt good to get these done. I also have washed & pressed the backing for one the king size quilts I will sandwich. I still need to piece it as its 42"w fabric. I've also been cleaning up my sewing room as I go.
        Attached Files

Comment

• kimsophia
          kimsophia commented
          Editing a comment
          You've been very busy! I have to ask about the glider plane seat cushions: do you have a glider plane?

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Kimsophia - no we don't own one. My husband belongs to a Gliding Club for gliders and small planes. It's a decommissioned airport which was used during WW to train fighter pilots.

I got another cushion finished. See the seat and back, before and after version. It was literally crumbling. DH built up foam and shaped it. My next one will be tricky with a cut out.

Views:	140
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	1908570Click image for larger version

Views:	146
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	1908569

Comment

• Claire Hallman
          Claire Hallman commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, you did a wonderful job, they sure needed it.

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Editing a comment
          This is one cushion, top and bottom.

• 201 Treadler
          201 Treadler commented
          Editing a comment
          must say I would of been tempted to quilt some blocks on them like Star lovers smile trousers the other day lol well done for resisting this urge too, they look fabulous.😍😁

I got another cushion for the glider plane done. What a ^&*() Its done. We couldn't re-use the foam or shape at all. You can see it was held by duct tape, and over the years, they added Styrofoam. DH made a new cushion, layering and trimming it to ressemble the previous shape. I quilted the top, assembled it as best I could, and handsewed the back lining. THANK GOD ITS DONE.

Name:	seat1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	424.2 KB
ID:	1911445Click image for larger version

Name:	seat2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	385.8 KB
ID:	1911446

Comment

I cant seem to focus on my monthly quilt numbers -- given the requests for masks. I guess that's ok, but its not relaxing like quilting. I have been making for family and friends and giving to them. Now others are asking for them. I will sell, but I would rather not make any. The reason we need to wear masks, makes me sad.

So I started a 9 patch hourglass quilt last week -- just pulled out some pretty fabric and started cutting. I am probably half done the block. Just not sure what size it will be. The layer cake was a DD awhile back and I bought extra yardage as I didnt have a plan for the fabric.

Name:	WIP-1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1911449Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP-closeUp.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	1911450Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP-line.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	576.1 KB
ID:	1911451

Comment

That fabric is so pretty and fresh looking. Are you planning to use the entire layer cake? Jenny used just 25 squares in hers so I was wondering how it would work out with using all 40 squares.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              Editing a comment
              I havent decided yet. I am not using the white or pale background ones, so that eliminates a few. I did buy extra yardage from the collection. I dont know if I want another king-size quilt or maybe two lap quilts. I have no one in mind, but I just liked the fabric. It makes me happy.

Suzanne, this latest quilt and fabric are gorgeous!

Comment

I’m in the same boat as you with the masks...I’m making them for family, and now friends are asking for them. I don’t want them to go without, but I really detest making them. Like you said, they are not as relaxing as working on a quilt. I’m making the one that is shaped for your face, so I figure from ironing fabric to finish, it takes about 45 minutes per mask. I can get a lot of quilt parts sewn in 45 minutes! The really sad part is my son requested some...he drives for a shipping service, so I want him protected. But, his wife sews better than I do, and she sits at home all day with nothing to do. I really wanted to ask why she can’t make them, but since he doesn’t ask me to do things for him very often, I just made them.

On a happy note, your green and black quilt is very pretty!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Editing a comment
                Oh we will get through this. For friends of friends, I dont know -- I am referring them to friends who are making them for money. Unfortunately, many of my regular friends do not sew or quilt. NOW I seem to be in high demand, with a skill they never bothered to learn.

It seems that I have been sewing, but then again, not sewing. I quilted a Victoria quilt, first quilt on new LA. I also finished the last 2 cushions of 8 for a glider plane at DH's club. I have been making lots of masks, and seem to be doing lots of mending for my daughter's kids. I have been reorganizing fabrics and cutting up scraps to usable size. BUT I am helping DH quilt a quilt for his son on the LA. Its a learning curve for both of us. Once we have figured it out, watch out, I'm hoping to finish a lot of those tops on my list. I also plan to practice quilting using Victoria tops. This will help reduce the backlogs, especially since many of our group members have been very productive during this stay-at-home time.

Here's a picture of a cap -- I made 20+ for staff at mom's residence.

Comment

Although I don't feel like I have finished anything, I certainly have been working on many things at once. Since we got the LA in mid-June, I have quilted 3 donation quilts, and 1 small lap quilt top that DH made for his son. I have another volunteer quilt waiting to go. I have also added the border and identified the backing for the 9patch-hourglass quilt. I am also working on placemats for us. More masks, ear savers and scrub caps. I also decided to cut flannel for baby gift box sets, in case there are craft shows in the fall. Also, I love working with flannels.

So I guess I am moving along, and hopefully before no time, I will have those tops waiting to be quilted, all done.

Comment

• tneukam
                  tneukam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds like you have been super busy. Beautiful projects! Your LA is impressive, I bet you’re having so much fun experimenting with all of the cool features.
              2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
              Type: Public
              Topics: 34
              Comments: 330

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X