Suzanne's 2020 List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzanne's 2020 List

HI'm so excited and happy to belong to a group of quilters who will encourage me to finish my projects. It's also my way of being accountable to myself.

Here's my list so far, some carried over from last year.
    1- Hanging Gardens (top made 2019, for quilting)
    2- Kindred Pinwheels (top made 2019, for quilting)
    3- QCR Bird Song (top made 2019, for quilting)
    4- Skyline UFO (continue with blocks)
    5- Flannel quilt top - DH's UFO (DONE - FEB)
    6-
    7- fallleaves quilt - UFO
    8-
    9- Stained glass D-9 patch (top DONE-Jan)
    10- Stained glass D-9 patch (Feb #) (top done 2020, 81x95 to be quilted)
    11- Hexi quilt as you go M* Daisy & Grace template handsewing project -WIP ongoing FEB....
    12- Suzette quilt for mom (FEB-top, DONE-Mar)

Then, there is are projects I haven't started but may get inspired with fabric from my stash. These will get moved up to a number.
    - Stash busting quilt top - big blocks on point (DONE- FEB)
    - Stash busting quilt top - butterfly blocks (DONE - FEB)
    - 2020 temperature quilt (WIP until 2021)
    - easter/spring fabric quilt and items
    - Jason Yenter fabrics - in the Beginning (33x 1/3m)
    - Jason Yenter fabrics - Diaphanous Collection
    - Tula Pink FQ bundle
    - Laurel Burch fabrics
    - William Morris yardage
    - Dance of the Dragonflies
    - red /white windmill fabric quilt
    - African blue fabrics
    - reduce amount of children & baby bins of fabric
    - winter quilts for grand children
    - stacks, roll of Ombre fabrics
    - jelly rolls, layer cakes and charm packs (too many to list - but these will be easy patterns)
    - gray/neutral shades quilts
    - Quiltworx leaf patterns

Other sewn items, for gifts or sale at craft show:
    - microwave bowl/plate cosies (Feb-11 done)(Apr-6 done)
    - waffle weave tea towels FEB- 20 made) with borders (to be added)
    - reversible apron made 1-FEB
    - reading pillows
    - PUL zipper bags for GKs lunches (FEB - 14 made)
    - coasters (FEB-March - 12 made)
    - baby comforters, fitted sheets
    - face masks (APR - 35 made)
    - glider plane cushions (APR - 3 done)

I also make comfort quilts for cancer patients with Victoria Quilts Canada. Some I make at monthly meetings, others I make & quilt at home. (JAN-1 quilt. 2 bindings)(FEB-1)(MAR-3 quilts)(APR-2 quilt)
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; April 27th, 2020, 05:12 PM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

I love the Jason Yenter fabrics! I have some of the “In the Beginning”. They are beautiful. Can’t wait to see if you do something with yours.

Comment

And I am a fan of Easter fabrics, Tula Pink and William Morris!

Comment

Three tops ready for quilting! Making the quilt sandwich is the worst task in quilting for me, but once that is done, I feel so accomplished.

Comment

Old Newbie - 2 are queen/king size, so I may just rent a LA for a few days, but one is calling for me to do special quilting. The bird one is about a twin size, and I do have a table I can use to pin it. I just can't crawl on the floor to sandwich any more like I used to.

Comment

I finished sewing the top of my #9 quilt. It is a disappearing 9 patch, and it finishes 81 x 95". Quilting it has been assigned to another number.

I started working on #11, just so I can decided whether I want to sew it by hand or machine sew it.

Comment

I've made some progress on the QAYG 2 1/2" hexies. Dh had cataract surgery this week, so I brought to hospital and then to Dr follow-up appt. I also have been clearing a pile of fabrics & small UFOs on sewing table. I cut scraps and also panel blocks and have found them a storage space. I made a reefs le apron from a panel. It's been cut for 2 years. Took less than 30 mins to make. Also have another same panel. I will make another apron to sell at show. Also finished sewing the microwave cosies for plates.

This week I sandwiched a VQC quilt and it is sitting on Sweet16 table to sew. I will start piecing the back of quilt from leftover fabrics.

Comment

Wow Suzanne, you always get so much done, it amazes me. Love that bunny apron, a great reminder that spring isn't too far away.
                Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Bowl cozies are on my sewing list in a few weeks, but it’s not added to this list. It’s part of a weekly sewing challenge. Trying everything to get back into my sewing mojo. So far, it’s working pretty good! Love your finishes!

Comment

Well it's the last day of February and I didn't do #10, but I have been productive, especially at last week's retreat. I cut and made a twin size quilt top for mom, pattern Suzette by Clothworks. I finished DH' s flannel Northlands quilt top. I changed the pattern and it's now done, so back over to him to sandwich and quilt. I also made large microwave bowl cozies, PUL snack bags for GKs, Beer coasters to sell, sandwiched and quilted a VQC top. Before I left I tackled and made a replacement seat cover for glider plane. Only 7 more to go.

Now ow to put back my sewing room in order.

Comment

Just reading your lists makes my hands hurt!! I have found out that even if you have a lot of UFOs that you have the potential for lots of finishes in a short period of time. Mentally I'm a dozen quilts ahead of where I actually at, which is plugging along on Jeff's retirement quilt. Good Luck Suzanne...you can do it!!!
                      Last edited by Bubby; March 2nd, 2020, 04:42 AM.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I can't figure out where to add pictures within a group, so I will try adding in post.

Comment

I can't either, but thanks for sharing the pics here! Great finishes!

Comment

If you add a picture in a post, that picture automatically goes to photos. I like your lovely finishes, Suzanne. The on point animal one seems especially appropriate for where that picture was taken.

Comment

I finished quilting mom's quilt top that I made at February retreat. I used a combination of ruler work and FMQ. It's not perfect, but it's done and I think it's looks pretty good since I washed it. I just need to add label and deliver to her residence.

I have finished 2 Victoria tops, and first one is in quilting phase. I will continue to make them during our isolation, as meetings are cancelled. Unfortunately they closed the head office, so they are not accepting or delivering quilts until C-19 is over. This is sad as many cancer patients are in need. I keep them in my prayers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	1905077Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	1905078Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	1905079
                              Attached Files

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 31
                              Comments: 295

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X