No announcement yet.

Tammie’s 2020 list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...got my hexi quilt taken apart. Now I can continue putting it back together in its new pattern. Two for two! I’m so excited! Now I want to get something actually finished..

Comment

How did you process your scrap buckets?
      I used Scrap therapy- which seems to work for me now
      2.5 strips
      5 in squares
      3.5 in squares
      2.5 in Squares (instead of the 2 in squares)
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

I’m a Bonnie Hunter follower...so I cut my scraps into 1.5”, 2”, & 2.5” strips. Same size squares get cut from odd pieces that aren’t big enough for a decent size strip. Anything the size of a fat quarter or larger gets out into the stash, unless I don’t like it...then I cut it up. Odd shaped strips or ones 3/4”-1.5” get put in my string bins. Also have a crumb bin for smaller pieces. I also tend to process for a project. For instance, I’m fixing to start a quilt that uses 2” strips. So, when I did my scrap bucket, most of the pieces I cut 2”. If they didn’t cut up well that size, I did 1.5”. I’m not a big charm square person, even though I do have a few precuts I purchased here as the daily deal. But, I find I don’t use them and really don’t like them when I do. So, I stick with the smaller stuff. I guess it depends on how you Quilt. I have used the system you are using, when I first started quilting, but it wasn’t working for the quilts I wanted to make.

Comment

I also started doing all Bonnie Hunter sizes at first, but I don't seem to use 1 1/2" wide pieces. I find 2", 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" are the sizes I use the most. Under 2" leftovers end in the strips&crumbs bin for wild strip and scrap paper piecing.
          Congrats for your progress, Tammie!

Comment

Okay...I actually finished a QUILT this month...💃🏻💃🏻 Started it last year for my grandson, who has outgrown his baby quilt. “Real Men Wear Pink” is the theme, based on the pattern “Checkerboard Rails” by Bonnie Hunter. I want him to know that he can be proud to be himself, and nothing anyone says or does can change that. If guys want to wear pink, it just says they are comfortable with who they are and nothing else! Click image for larger version

Name:	08516877-A95E-4B3A-91C6-2A2D27493895.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1904831Click image for larger version

Name:	745ECB49-0BE4-40A6-AC2E-B4B93000CCBA.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	1904832

Comment

• chelea
              chelea commented
              Editing a comment
              It's fabulous!

What a neat quilt!

Comment

Pretty quilt and excellent philosophy! I don't like gender limitation, much less in colors!

Comment

Already posted on June’s thread, but wanted a reminder on mine. Had to pack away Tonga. My machine just isn’t going to cooperate to quilt it. After making it two thirds of a row, and several broken threads and skipped stitches, I threw in the towel, stopped stitching, and picked out what I had done. It’s now back hanging on my rack, waiting for either the money to pay someone to quilt it, or for me to get a machine that can handle it...maybe a REAL longarm??

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                Type: Public
                Topics: 33
                Comments: 324

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X