8. Piece I-spy tumbler quilt
    9. Quilt & bind “Real Men Wear Pink” quilt - March DONE
    10. Boots quilt
    February MSQC
    11. Janet’s placemats
    June FB
    12. Scrapbuster quilt...year long project
    March MSQC May FB
    Last edited by tfrankum; June 1st, 2020, 08:04 AM.

Gonna do a short list of just quilts this year. Will also be sewing garments, but leaving them off this time. Looking forward to getting more accomplished this year. Have had the same quilts on my lists for several years. Need to finish them!

Comment

So when you say "deconstructing old hexi quilt" and you taking it apart to use for the new hexi quilt?

If I had any little ones to give one to, I love the I Spy quilts!

Comment

I started a hexi quilt last year, but I wasn’t liking how it was coming out. So, I’m taking it apart and remaking it. The I-spy quilt is for my grandson, but if I don’t get it done, he’s gonna be too old for it...😂

Comment

Ha! It can't beat the baby quilt I gave to the girl who graduated from college and was working!

Comment

I did the same thing with my son. I started a quilt for him when he was at home, and 12 years later, he finally got the finished quilt.

Comment

tfrankum--I have several on my list that have been there for years too!
              "I must be royalty, I have quilts-in-waiting."

Comment

I have an old hexi quilt of my grandmothers. It is tied and coming apart and I should really deal with it. I might put that on my list . Also I greatly admire process scrap bucket project.

Comment

Murphy’s Law...
                  I get all excited to start quilting my quilts, which I dread doing....
                  My machine, that I have had no trouble with in years, decides to freak out on me today. Won’t let me access the bobbin, won’t let me change the stitch length or presser foot pressure...
                  Guess it’s time for some more musical chairs...obviously not going to be able to work on quilting...

Comment

Isn't that always the way! Pfooey! Hope you find some New Year's Eve fun!

Comment

Well, halfway through the month...no sewing, but about halfway through processing my scrap bucket!!! Woohoo
                      It’s been driving me crazy for a few years. Feels like I can breathe again. Hoping to finish it up by the end of the month. I’ve also been cutting up strips from FQs and some scraps my MIL gave me, so in reality, I would have been done with the bucket by now. I’m thrilled with what I have accomplished!

Comment

I say that counts as a finish! It may not have been your intended project, but if it gives you room to work/breathe; success!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

YES! Finished processing the scrap bucket that’s been taunting me for several years! Got strips cut for another 2 quilts in the process. Feels so good, and now I can remove the washtub from the room and have some more space!

Comment

I am so jealous! I need to clean my space!

Comment

Well, I didn’t say it was clean...
                              I’ve got strips hanging everywhere in preparation for 3 quilts I’m working on. So, the scrap bin is empty, but all my rods and flat spaces are covered with pending projects. Supposed to be working on a sweater this week too, but I have to clear off the cutting table to even be able to lay it out. Cleaning will come soon though, because I can’t work in chaos.

Comment

2020 Fabulous Finishing Group

About this Group

Do you have some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that you want to finish? Are you having a hard time choosing what to finish next, or are you just not feeling motivated? Do you have some specific goals you want to complete in 2020? This group is for you! We have a fun way to get those projects done in 2020.

Here is how it works.

First, you create a list, numbered from 1 - 12, of 1) things you want to finish; 2) OR projects you want to do; 3) OR a combination of 1 and 2. Then, you post your list to this group. (You can edit and change your list at any time.)

Every month, this group will publish a random number between 1 - 12. We will each work on that number from our list. If you prefer to do your list in a particular order, you can certainly do it that way as well. When you have finished your project, please post a picture here as well.

We’re here to support each other. It’s amazing how knowing what project to tackle helps to motivate us to finish what we start.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 32
                              Comments: 310

Owner

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X