2019 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have LUCKY winner in our group

Remember those raffle tickets I was selling while we were together? We had the drawing today and I got to tell a story about the quilt and how I sold tickets all over the place. Our speaker today was Elizabeth Burns, the "blind quilter". She lost her vision following a near fatal car accident in 1988. Got married in 1998 and started quilting in 2000. First by hand and then by machine. She pulled 2 tickets out and I made her take them apart and give me just one. I had a smile on my face when she handed it to because I recognized it as one that I sold while I was with you. After we had cleaned up the room we were meeting in I got my phone and had the privilege of calling Texas. After I explained who I was when she answered the phone I got to tell Mary Willyerd that she was our winner and the quilt will go out by Fed Ex this coming week.

Thank you to all that did buy tickets. Our final dollar count is over $2400.

Sue

If someone can explain how I can upload a photo I will.

Sue

Comment

In the group you have to go to the main group page to upload pcs, you can't add them in the group threads (at least not easily).
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

That is fantastic on the amount of money raised. Congratulations Mary for winning the quilt.

Comment

Wonderful!!!!Congrats Mary!
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

congratulations! mary

Comment

Congratulations to Mary - beautiful quilt!

Comment

I love the quilt

Comment

Congratulations to you, Mary!

Comment

Congratulations Mary !
                    Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

How exciting. Congrats Mary!!! That is so cool that out of all those tickets sold, that one of our group was the winner.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

2019 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2019 Fall Forum Retreat (September 29 – October 3, 2019 – Sunday - Thursday) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2019 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go to https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=80418 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 32
                      Comments: 181

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X