Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone home safe

Has everyone made it home safe.

Barb, Pat and I are all home safe and I got Wendy and Nancy delivered to the airport safely. Wendy did message me this am that she got home, very late with no delays, but have not heard from Nancy. She was going on to San Deigo, CA to visit her son. Hopefully we will hear from her soon.
    I just want to thank everyone for such a fun, great, busy, retreat. This is such a great group of ladies. I am glad to get to be a part of it. Charyti, you go above and beyond to make it fun and interesting for everyone. Loved your games. I think we all can admit we all learned something new, I know I did.
    Thanks again. Looking fwd. to next year already.
    Judy B.

Comment

I got home about 45 minutes go. Ran into some rain heavy enough about 65 miles from home tht I had to sow down to 40 (from 75) because it ws almost impossible to see. Luckily I was behind a big truck that had his flashers going so those made it easy to follow and keep moving. Had a friend that drove truck for 40 year tell me that a lot of the time when people pull over and sit on the side of the road in weather like that they get hit from the red because people can't tell where the lanes are, that it is best to keep moving. That has made me white knuckle it through some comditions where I really wanted to stop, but at least I've never been hit. The sun is shining brightly on the Albuquerque side of the mountains, although they did have rain earlier as the streets are still wet.

I had a great time at the retreat, loved seeing all my old friends and meeting new ones. Even with excessive pasta, it was still good. Looking forward to doing it all over again.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

So nice to know everyone is having a safe trip home. It was such a great retreat and I appreciated visiting with everyone. Great group of ladies!

Comment

Glad you are safe Karen

Comment

I got home in plenty of time to pick up my little guy from school. Not sure who was happier I was home, me or the grands. Love my time away, but so happy to get back home to my loved ones. Glad to hear the rest of the posters have all made it safely.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

I made it to Little Rock for two nights and drove from there to Amarillo today....... will be driving the rest of the way home tomorrow and hope to be there for Chad's "Celebration of Life" at 3...... will keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks for the update Lisa.

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Gotta love those grandkids

Comment

The Kentucky group made it home Friday. We were delayed for a couple hours in Illinois just a few miles from the Indiana state line. A sheet of metal was on the road (lost from a truck carrying scrap) and we were following behind a semi that all of a sudden swerve to the left. His truck caused the sheet of metal to be blown up in the air and the timing was such that it smacked up in the windshield causing it to crack into a big star burst. We were startled but not hurt. The state troupers finally came and got us all the info we needed from the truck that lost it so the insurance company will pay for the repairs. We were delayed but made it home safely and gratefully on Friday afternoon. Mary and Thelma enjoyed you all and are talking about coming back next year. We may end up with a larger group from Kentucky. It was good seeing everyone and we look forward to next year.

Sue

Comment

That must have been so scary Sue. Glad you finally made it home. We will be happy to have Mary and Thelma back. It was a pleasure to meet them.

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

2019 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2019 Fall Forum Retreat (September 29 – October 3, 2019 – Sunday - Thursday) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2019 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go to https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=80418 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 32
                      Comments: 181

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                        Willcox and Gibbs
                        by chelea
                        Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                        November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                      • KPH
                        My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                        by KPH
                        Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                        November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                      • KPH
                        Secret Santa Arrivals
                        by KPH
                        Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                        November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                      • Monique
                        It has arrived
                        by Monique
                        My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                        November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                      • KPH
                        New Leader needed for 2021
                        by KPH
                        We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                        November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                      Working...
                      X