2019 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini lesson quilt supplies needed

For the mini lessons this year, we are going to do lessons to put a quilt together from start to finish. The size will be a baby quilt with borders. Finished size will be approximately 33 x 38 inches.

Supplies needed

Charm pack or 42 - 5 inch squares
    1 yard backing fabric
    1/2 yard border fabric
    1/2 yard binding fabric
    batting approximately 36 inches by 42 (low loft works well)
    thread for piecing (could be the same as the matching thread)
    matching/neutral thread for sewing machine quilting

After we finish the quilts, for anyone who wants to, they can give the quilts to Marilyn who will donate the quilts to the children’s hospital in St. Louis. If you are not interested in actually making a quilt, please feel free to sit in the quilt classes that you are interested in. For more information about the donates, please go to the PICU Quilts in Honor of Gabe forum group https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=144.

Remember that all activities are totally optional. This is your retreat so feel free to participate in as many or few activities as you wish. Many people bring their own projects to work on. You may not want to take a class and if you choose not to do this you will want to bring projects to work on. Your free time is your own to do as you please. You can shop an MSQC shop, visit the Quilt Museum, or browse through one of the area stores. There is always something to do in Hamilton.

This is so exciting for me.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I have a partial roll of batting ( poly low loft) that I will donate to the group for the charity/demo quilts. There should be enough to do about 5 quilts.

Comment

I have put my supplies together but am not happy with the border fabric, hoping that I will have time to run to a shop and pick up a better one. Is there a quilt shop near by? LOL
        One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

2019 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2019 Fall Forum Retreat (September 29 – October 3, 2019 – Sunday - Thursday) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2019 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go to https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=80418 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
        Type: Public
        Topics: 32
        Comments: 181

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
          Willcox and Gibbs
          by chelea
          Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
          November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
        • KPH
          My Secret Santa box has arrived.
          by KPH
          Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
          November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
        • KPH
          Secret Santa Arrivals
          by KPH
          Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
          November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
        • Monique
          It has arrived
          by Monique
          My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
          November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
        • KPH
          New Leader needed for 2021
          by KPH
          We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
          November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
        Working...
        X