2019 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on what to bring with us

I have just reread all of the posting and want to clarify a few things...

We need to bring a jelly roll OR a layer cake for a game.

We are to bring ONE something for the door prize. Do you want more than one?

For the charity quilt we bring 1 Charm pack plus backing/binding/batting . What size will the quilt be? Border?

Is there going to be a strip game this year? Do we have a focus fabric? Who wants to play?

And then anything else we want to work one. Is there info available yet on the mini classes and what will be needed for them?

I am bringing two new ladies with me and of course they have lots of questions that I am trying to answer.

I am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Sue
    Wildernessquilter

Looks like a good list to me so far. Have not heard yet about a strip game.
    Looking forward to seeing you all again, Sue I think of you each time I make a rope bowl or coaster-and I seem to make quite a few.

Beth aka Asta
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I still make those robe bowls/baskets. I seem to teach that class at least once a year somewhere. People always like them when I give them away. LOL. Looking forward to seeing you too.

Sue

Comment

Yes, I do plan on hosting the strip game focus fabric again this year. Just recovering from a medical issue ... should have the focus fabric info and sign up this week! Not fully recovered yet so I know y'all understand the delay.

Comment

Hi Judy,

I finally figured out I could make with last year's strip game loot. I think I will get it made at next week's retreat in E. TN. I will bring it with me.

Sue

Comment

Sue, where did you find that information about the charity quilt? I must have missed that. I thought we were bringing cash for that. I obviously have some catching up to do. Learned today I scheduled my vaction time for the wrong week. I'm just a mixed up mess,

Comment

I do know it is ONE door prize per person if you want to be included in the drawing.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Karen, it was on Eventbrite description.

Description
                HOORAY!!! It's time for the Missouri Star Quilt Company's
                2019 Fall "FORUM" Retreat

Join us for great fellowship, plenty of sewing time, yummy snacks, bunches of fun and a few SURPRISES from Sunday, September 29, through Thursday, October 3, 2019!

The main activity this year is making a quilt from start to finish. For those interested in this activity, they will need one charm pack, fabric for border, backing, & binding. For anyone wanting to, we will be donating the quilts to the Children's Hospital in St. Louis, Marylin will be delivering these.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I think there are two different charity quilts. One is from Marilyn using the charm pack and the one that ask for $5 to help defray cost is from Jean for a group quilt.
                  I am guessing that maybe the charm quilt may be used to teach us how to make a quilt from start to finish and Marilyn is taking them with her to st louis for the charity she supports there. I don't know where Jean's is going.

Sue

Comment

There are two different charity quilts. There is the one that we usually do in which we ask that you bring $5 to help defray the cost (money for it will be given to Jean as she is in charge of the charity quilt.)

The second is what are mini classes are this year. It is to make a quilt from start to finish. I will be posting the details of what you need to bring shortly.

I don't anticipate these two projects to occupy the full amount of time so be sure to bring your own items to work on. Of course, there will be other fun activities that you are welcome to join in.

Comment

2019 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2019 Fall Forum Retreat (September 29 – October 3, 2019 – Sunday - Thursday) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2019 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go to https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=80418 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                    Type: Public
                    Topics: 32
                    Comments: 181

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X