2018 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geo-bag mini class supplies

Here are the supplies needed. The pattern pieces will be printed and available at the retreat. This is a free pattern.

Samples of the bags from Andrea will be posted on the 2018 Fall Forum Retreat group this summer so you can see what they look like.

From Andrea:

For the large version (6”H x 10”W x 4.5”D) you need:

½ yard of exterior fabric, quilting weight cotton
    ½ yard of lining fabric, quilting weight cotton
    ½ yard of fusible fleece like Pellon 987F or Thermolam Plus tp970
    22” or longer #3 or #5 zipper with two pulls (Endless zipper tape would be perfect, you could also use a “normal” zipper, it’s just less convenient to open if it only has one pull.)

For the small version (4”H x 7.5”W x 3”D) you need:

⅓ yard of exterior fabric, quilting weight cotton
    ⅓ yard of lining fabric, quilting weight cotton
    ⅓ yard of fusible fleece like Pellon 987F or Thermolam Plus tp970
    16” or longer #3 zipper with two pulls (Endless zipper tape would be perfect, you could also use a “normal” zipper, it’s just less convenient to open if it only has one pull.)

The bag will be soft and slouchy when using quilting weight cotton and fleece only. If you want it to have a little more structure you could use a heavier home dec / canvas fabric, vinyl or cork for the exterior (which the designer recommends).

If you prefer to use cotton and still want it to have a little bit more structure, you could add a layer of Pellon woven interfacing SF101 and if you want it even firmer, you could use Pellon Décor Bond 809. You would additionally need ½ yard for the large and ⅓ yard for the small version of either interfacing.

Thanks for posting.
    Sue

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance...What is a geo-bag?

Beth
        Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

Andrea can describe it better than I can since she is doing the class on it. My best description is it is a bag that stands on it own, that has a double zipper at the top, size wise if I am correctly understanding the website (I don't speak German) is 10 x 18 x 7 cm (H x B x T) for the small one and 14 x 24 x 11 cm (H x B x T) for the large one.

Andrea will be posting pictures later this summer so you can see what it looks like. I would post from the website but I don't want to be in copyright violation.

Comment

2018 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2018 Fall Forum Retreat (September 23-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2018 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go tohttps://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=75070&p=1002591#post1002591 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 74
          Comments: 338

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X