2018 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Strip Game

This is a game we've played the past 2 years. Participation is optional. Here's a link to a blog that explains how it's played: http://ellynsplace.blogspot.com/2013...dice-game.html In order to mix things up a bit we have played 2 rounds where 1/2 the players rotated so you had new traders 1/2 way through the game. We did use 18 - 2 1/2in strips either from a jellly roll or cut from yardage.

I've started this thread because this will be the place for the latest info on the game. And I need some feedback from last year's players. Did you like the idea of having a focus fabric? Or this year would you prefer playing with fabrics with a color theme? I confess I got the Sunflower fabric at bargain basement prices from a shop that went out of business.

I could be on the lookout for some colorful pattern again
    OR
    We could just choose a color spectrum. Baby pastels, 50 Shades of Gray, Ocean Waters (blue/turquoise/teal), Americana (blue, cream, burgundy) - any other suggestions? Looking forward to your input!

I liked the focus fabrics but I really like the color spectrum option. I've never been fond of the game when there is no focus, just a pile of any kind of fabric. My preference would be Americana but I can work with any theme. Thanks for taking care of the game, Judy.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I didn't have the Americana spectrum in mind until it was suggested at a guild meeting. So many are involved in making Quilts for veterans ... and the bright white (in the typical red/white/blue) had a lot of problems. Seems some were having bleeding problems and others were worried about older vets keeping the white from being stained. I'm leaning that direction too, Robin.

Comment

I really enjoyed the strip game last year and all the different of strips. I don’t think I would participate if we did red white and blue this year. I have given away 3 quilts of valor and working on a 4th so maybe that is why I like something different. But I did love the game!

Comment

I will gladly play again this year, lots of fun last year. I made one quilt with my strips and have enough to make another smaller quilt still.

Judy just name a colorway and we will bring whatever we bring and it will be just great!

Sue

Comment

How many of you strippers are into 30's? civil war? brights?

Beth
            Happiness is a FULL bobbin!

Comment

I haven't played in past but want to this year. I will do any theme. Thanks Judy for doing this.

Beth, I do like 30,s and brights.
              Wendy
              http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

I don't like 30's or civil war. I will play whatever you choose. :
                Sue

Comment

In order to ensure we have enough fabric for everyone to play I'm asking for everyone to post on the new thread and pm me your home address. Fabric has not been purchased yet but will be by the end of July. I want to thank Beth (Asta) for volunteering to play a major roll in fabric selection for the game! Looking forward to having some fun.

Comment

2018 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2018 Fall Forum Retreat (September 23-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Five days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2018 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (For information on how you can sign up, please go tohttps://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=75070&p=1002591#post1002591 ) Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 74
                  Comments: 338

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X