Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home to GA

I made it in around 20 today.

Made it as far as Nashville yesterday, but just didn't have it in to make it the rest of the way. I stopped at a hotel, got a room assigned and went up and opened the door to the room. First thing I noticed was a guitar on the bed. I thought I must be in a really nice hotel that supplies guitars for all the guests. Then I noticed a bowl of fruit on the counter and a back-pack on the floor! They gave me a key and assigned me to a room that already had another guest in it!! I closed the door real quick and ran back to the elevators before whoever was in the shower could come after me! I went to the desk and told the manager that she had made a very serious mistake and told her what I found in room 318. She was mortified - she comped me a suite (with a full kitchen in it) and many food assorted goodies. Needless to say, I didn't need to buy dinner or breakfast. This morning at check out, the manager gave me her card and said I could ask for her any time I stayed there and she would take care of me. I'm just thankful that a guitar was the only thing on the bed!

Laundry is running and I am so looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight! No surprises!

Thanks Charyti for all the hard work putting this together for us. You did a great job. Loved seeing everyone again.

Cindy
    Cindy

Oh my gosh. Glad everything worked out ok. But, I couldn't keep from laughing when you said you were glad guitar was the only thing on the bed.

Comment

As you said, at least that was all that was on the bed. I am glad that you made it home

Comment

That will be a story to tell for ages. Glad the other person didn't come out the shower and greet you. But you never know, you could have made a new friend! Glad you made it home.

Comment

That is too funny!!! Hey, you got to live like a VIP for a day anyway. Glad you are home safe. Hope to see you again next year.

Nancy

Comment

What a story! Sounds like someone could write a song about it. Glad you made it home safe ... and alone. PS I owe you a pm.

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 73
            Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X