2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma City

Laura and I made just south of Oklahoma City before calling it a day. We are in a Best Western and safe. It looks like I'll be driving in rain the rest of the way home. yuck. It sprinkled off and on for a lot of Oklahoma.

Before we left Hamilton, I forgot I had promised a friend to look for some fabric she needs, so we turned around and did a quick stop at Penney's where I found the exact fabric she needed. As it happens, several other fabrics jumped into my arms on the way to the register. hehehe

I'm in Liberal, Kansas with about 5 or 6more hours left to drive tomorrow, but almost out of Kansas! So the really boring part is almost over.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Yeah I was glad we got through Kansas without me needing a nap, but it was nice being so cool out!

I figure we've got at least 7 hours more. With the rain it will be more. It's not going to be pleasant....

Comment

Glad you are all safe. Have a safe trip the rest of the way tomorrow.

Comment

Andrea and I made it to Florissant, Mo by 4:30, after a very interesting stop in Macon, Mo for some Ben Franklin retail therapy, and lunch in Columbia, Mo. her husband Thomas was driving to meet her from Atlanta, and he arrived about 6:30. We grabbed dinner at Applebee's and we are all very tired tonight! Glad our multi day travelers are tucked in for the night! Safe travels, all! It was great to see you all! Thank you, Charyti and Cindy for making our time in Hamilton good!

Comment

I finally made it home at 8pm. It was a stressful and long drive today with the rain and traffic. I dropped Laura off at her house and picked up something to eat. I left my things in the car and just sat down in my chair and relaxed for a bit.

A rock hit my windshield and cracked it! It left a small hole and five cracks. It looks like a perfect five pointed star, but I hate it! It didn't come from any gravel truck; it was just kicked up by the traffic ahead of me. grrr

Comment

That sucks about the window. Sounds like one that will spread easily too. Hope you have insurance on the glass. These long trips are killers
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Carol, sorry to hear about your windshield. I am glad that both of you made it home safely.

Comment

Carol, Glad to hear you and Laura made it home safely. Sorry to hear about your windshield though - bummer!!! Hope to see you again next year.

Nancy

Comment

So sorry about your windshield, but glad your made it home safe

Comment

Glad to hear everyone is safely home ... hope your insurance covers your windshield, Carol.

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
                      Type: Public
                      Topics: 73
                      Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X