2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 week count down to the retreat :)

In only 4 weeks we will be having a fabulous time at the 5th Annual Fall Forum Retreat. So excited to see everyone really soon. Guess I should think about what I want to pack to work on.

I am sooooo excited, got all my "kits" together today and they are packed but have to wait for any more packing since I plan on getting some sewing done before we go. By the way did I read somewhere that if we bring an exchange gift it should be wrapped?
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Ah, Beth - that was my idea for Sunday night. Instead of favors for everyone I suggested we do what I've always called a "Chinese" gift exchange. Bring something priced around $25 to $30 and we'll play give-away. Here's an idea of how it would go: http://www.zianet.com/ebear/chinese.html
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy, do we bring it wrapped? I think I have it made-with me you never know, I may just change my mind, after all I have 4 weeks to work on another project.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Sandy - Will the exchanger who draws #1 have the opportunity to select after all the presents are opened? (Just asking 'cause that's the way I've played.)

Comment

Wrap your package for the gift exchange. Person drawing #1 gets first selection and unwraps. #2 person picks - they can take the present that #1 has and if they do then #1 person gets to select again. (there are three chances for that gift to be acquired). Or #2 takes another gift and unwraps. #3 person wants what #1 selected and takes it. #1 selects again. #4 person takes what #3 has and #3 selects again. Any gift can be taken only three times and that final person gets to keep it. Everyone will wind up with something as long as they have contributed a gift for the activity. It is possible for #1 person to get their first pick back. It is truly easy and a whole lot of fun, giggles ensured, so be sure to break out the Depends.

Comment

Hi, Ijust registered for the retreat and am looking forward to meeting everyone. Can you tell me if this Chinese Gift Exchange gift is different from the $25 -$30 gift we're supposed to bring instead of the party favors that people used to make for every attendee? Thanks!

Comment

The Chinese Gift Exchange is the $25-$30 gift you bring instead of favors. Make sure it is wrapped. This exchange will take place on Sunday night.

Comment

Am I limited to $25-30? What if I go over?
                  Sue

Comment

Sue, we won't argue with you if you do go over the price range. The idea of the range was to keep the gifts about the same price. Example: someone bringing in a $0.50 spool of thread while someone else brought in a $5000 quilt. These are extreme examples

Comment

OK. I will let someone else decide if what I brought was in the price range.
                      Sue

Comment

Sue, I probably have $25 or so in materials, didn't count time making or selling price. It's all relative.
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I spent $30, but I was shopping at a store I had a 50% off coupon, so I got a $60 gift for $30. ;-)

Comment

No one is looking for price stickers . . .

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
                            Type: Public
                            Topics: 73
                            Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X