2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny's Trunk Show and other events

For those who are interested in seeing Jenny's Trunk Show, she will be presenting it twice at the Birthday Bash. Once will be Friday at 2PM and the second time will be on Saturday at 9AM. The cost is $15 per person which is $10 off the normal cost of her trunk show. I have seen it several times and it is very much worth seeing it if you have not seen it (even if you have seen it, it is always a fun time to see it again.) There are several other events going on during the Birthday Bash. Rob Appeal is doing a Birthday Bash Charity Trunk Show on Thursday at 10 AM. There are 4 Birthday Bash Water Coloring Classes. And to kick off the Birthday Bash on Wednesday night, there is the Birthday Bash Dinner with the Doan Family. To get tickets to any of the above events, this is the link https://www.eventbrite.com/o/missour...any-5151510907

Jenny will not be doing a trunk show at the retreat but we will get a chance to visit with her.

What is the water coloring class about?
    Cindy

Comment

Description

Discover the beauty of watercolor with Shannon Christensen in this inspiring class. She will guide you through creating your very own watercolor quilt block from start to finish. Join her for a watercolor class that will help you find your creative spark and bring home the perfect adornment for your lovely home, a handmade souvenir from this year’s Birthday Bash. Sign up HERE today on Eventbrite. Spots are going quickly!

Shannon is an artist who thoroughly enjoys the creative process. She believes that making art is about collaboration saying, “Creativity is a big, wonderful, life building process that can stand on its own … Shannon's Studio is about us making art. About ME + YOU.” From crafting to sewing and painting, she gravitates toward any medium that catches her interest and allows her to create something beautiful.

Class Information:

Take Home

1 watercolor Missouri Star quilt block (8”x 8”)

2-3 watercolor quilt blocks in various designs (2 ½” and 4” squares)

Uses

Framed

Grouped and framed

Gift tags

Color studies

Cards

Class Materials Provided

Watercolor paper (Pre-printed quilt blocks)

Watercolor paints

Brushes

Water

Paper towels

Tape

Instruction

Basic watercolor techniques

Art principle — value

Application — quilt color studies

Creativity — cross creativity

Time

Approx. 45-60 minute class

The link has some examples https://www.eventbrite.com/e/birthda...ts-36832951349

Comment

Thanks so much, Charyti, I didn't even notice that the links were clickable! After driving on Thursday, I doubt I would be up for the class, but I see there's 4 of them. I was hoping to make it to Rob's trunk show, but it's too early in the day. I think last year we didn't get in until 4 or so (but we were in Paduka before). I'm sure I won't be there by 10.
        Cindy

Comment

I saw Rob's trunk show last year and it was good. I don't recall it being a charity trunk show, so it might be different. At any rate, he's worth hearing and seeing again. I've seen Jenny's trunk show a few times too and each time is worth it.

EDITED TO ADD: Ah I see now why it's a charity trunk show. The cost of attending will go to Operation Homefront, which is his GoFundMe page for the flag quilt he made

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
          Type: Public
          Topics: 73
          Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X