2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Wrapped Coiled Rope Bowls/Baskets Supply List

Sue will be teaching the Fabric Wrapped Coiled Rope Bowls/Baskets. Here is the list of supplies that is needed. If you have any questions about this mini-class, please post below.

Fabric Wrapped Coiled Rope Bowls/Baskets Supply List

Clothesline rope, no more than 100 feet

Strips of fabric 1/2" to 1" wide, 30 or more

Glue stick.

A sewing machine with a zig zag stitch.

I have made a gazillion of these and they are always fun to make and if you give them away people are so surprised and impressed with them. If you have recently made a quilt to give to someone take your left over scraps and cut them in to narrow strips, length of strips doesn't really matter. They are a great bonus gift and can be both decorative and practical.

If you can't find rope that is appropriate, let me know and I will bring extra with me.

Sue
    [email protected]

Comment

I'll be watching intently, but I won't be making one at the retreat since I'm bringing my featherweight.

Comment

Any specific thickness for the clothesline?

Nancy

Comment

Hi Nancy,

I use either cotton or synthetic clothes line, nothing bigger than 1/4 inch, much of it is 3/16 and it works just fine. It is hard to get anything bigger under a presser foot.

Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue,

I am looking forward to making this bowl.

Nancy

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 73
            Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X