2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strip Game Focus Fabric & Sign Up

Sorry there was a delay in getting this posted. Steve is the photo guru and is finally feeling a bit better so got this off my phone today. So I got the photos of the fabric posted. They are 2 1/2 inch strips hand cut from yardage. It is from a DISCONTINUED line from South Seas Imports called Bon Appetite (confused me because it has absolutely nothing to do with food.) I did get multiple yards so will have some extra fabric available. I think it will lend itself to a variety of colorways but NO black and NO white strips, please.

Each player will get another 5 strips when we play. Right now the plan is to have 2 rounds of play. If someone has a small project in mind they only need to participate in the first round. According to my calculations you will need to supply an additional 8 (possibly 9) strips per round in order to put 4 or 5 strips in front of you for swapping and 4 into the "pot." You may use strips you collected from the first round to use in the second round.

The fabric you supply should compliment the sample. Because of the nuances of the 16 color shades used I think it best to send one strip to anyone who wants to play the game. You can cut strips from your stash, buy cuts of a couple of different complimentary fabrics or even use left-over jelly roll strips! Most importantly - there is no charge for the focus fabric you receive.

TO SIGN UP FOR THE GAME please pm me your address and allow me up to 2 weeks to mail it out. Also, I need to know exactly how many will be playing so if you are sending one address for one sample but there are 2 of you playing please include their name. (Need to make sure the second person gets 6 focus fabric strips in Hamilton.)

Sorry to be so long winded but that should answer most of the questions!

The photos were taken on top of a duvet in a motel room. Will try to post a pic with the fabric flatter in a couple of days. Got a couple of addresses so far so this will definitely happen!

Comment

Update - We have 10 players so far. There is enough fabric for 14 to play comfortably with extra strips available for those who need them for a larger project. I do have a plan B if there are more than 14.

For those interested the fabric is Bon Appetit by Grace Pullen and manufactured by South Sea Imports - and it has been discontinued. There are 2 different Sunflower fabrics in this line. The sizes of flower is important; the one we are using has 3 inch as the largest flower measurement; the other has flowers that measure up to 5 inches and is too large for strips.

I have done my research and haven't found any more available from any internet sources (... there was a lead on EBay but it was actually daisies.) Let me know if you run across any in your local shop! Some of my local guild ladies are drooling for some yardage ... and are a bit miffed I won't give them any I have. LOL

Comment

Judy got my strip from you. Now my hard work starts finding coordinating strips. I am tough though so I know i can do it. This makes the time til the forum takes place seem like it isn't too far awayi. Thanks for all your work.

Comment

Got mine, too!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Got mine too, DH is looking forward to some quilty shopping, said he will take me on Monday!
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know you got them! Hope y'all have found it to be interesting and not too much of a challenge ... If anyone wants to drop out because they just don't like it just pm me. No hard feelings at all. And just a reminder ... M* shops will be closed the Sunday we check in so be sure to shop (stash or store) before then.

@Asta - shopping with my husband in tow is always great - somehow I always forget to bring my wallet (wink.)

Comment

Got mine. I just cut strips of 4 coordinating color way fabrics that I think will blend nicely. Will 42 strips be enough?
                Robin
                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Got mine yesterday.

Nancy

Comment

More than enough Robin! We'll use 5 in front of us for stealing and 4 for the pot per round. And I plan on 2 rounds. If someone intends on making a small project they may only want to play 1 round so 9 strips is enough. Two rounds would require only 18 strips ... but I've cut more than 18, too. I plan on using some for my binding and will bring more in case someone wants to trade (or even have another round!)

Comment

Thanks Judy.

I should have posted when I got mine but ....... I got mine too.

Sue

Comment

sorry it's taken me so long to post but I just picked up two weeks worth of mail. Took me awhile to get through the junk to the good stuff. Anyway, I got mine and I'm already searching for more strips.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was planning on including a note with each one ... but Steve being admitted to the hospital threw me off schedule. I wanted to get them to you quickly.

Looks like there is room for 1 more! And looks like there will be 2 tables playing. After the first round 1/2 of the players will switch tables so everyone should get a good variety of strips to choose from. Happy strip hunting!

Comment

I didn't reply yet either, but I got mine (and Laura's too) and we've been shopping for our strips. Looks like fun is ahead!

Comment

I have my stack of fabrics all picked out and ready to cut strips - I'm bringing extras in case we find someone else game enough to play with us. I have some neat additions!!
                              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 73
                              Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X