2017 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Classes which one for the last class

This year we are having four mini classes plus the demonstrations from Cindy.
    The three mini classes so far are Missouri Star, Fabric Bowl and Double Wide Dresden. A supply list will be coming later.

For the last mini class, we have several options. I would like everyone's opinion on which one they would like to see offered. Or if someone else has an idea of a mini class they would like to teach, please let me know.

A. Jelly Roll Tote Bag

B. Rail Fence Quilt https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/pat...l%20engagement

C. Hints and Tips on Bag and Purse Making

D. Mini tumbler table runner/placemat

C. I'll take C . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I would choose C also.

Thanks

Nancy

Comment

Well there are going to be enough people there that make bags and stuff that we could basically have a round table discussion on bag making and probably give some demos on hardware installation, etc.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Karen, great minds think alike because that is what I had in mind

Comment

What's the Missouri Star class?
            Cindy

Comment

The Missouri Star class is learning with hints and tips to make the Missouri Star block. You can make just one block which some people put in a frame or quilt into a wallhanging. The other option is to make a regular quilt. Jenny has done a tutorial on this block https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ddFsZu7yo . Jean will be teaching the class. This will be similar to the class that she did at the 2015 Fall Forum (You can see a picture of some of those who did the block on page 3 of that year's forum pictures.) The block fits the theme of the retreat really well.

Comment

Well I just downloaded B ... and both B and D I could probably figure out on my own. I don't want to get started on purses or wallets. So process of elimination leaves the Tote (A). But then I already have a ton of them with promo logos ... so I abstain!

Comment

My vote is for C, some of you bag-pro's can give us amateur bag makers a lot of useful advice!
                  Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

My first thought was either A or C but I like the idea of a round table of bag/purse makers giving us all the pro hints and demos of any special technique that they couldn't do with out.

Sue

Comment

I'm with Judy on this one
                      Cindy

Comment

I'm ok with any of the recommended classes. Thanks so much for all you are doing for the retreat.
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

why couldn't we combine the tote bag and the round table discussion?
                          sigpic

Comment

I need a class on "tips and tricks to use up my stash" :-) but since that is not a choice, I'll go with C. I've never been brave enough to make a bag.

Comment

I don't make totes or purses but wouldn't mind being taught how to. So "c" is good if it teaches me how to make them also, otherwise I'd go for "B or D"
                              Have a blessed day
                              Pam[/I]
                              [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

2017 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

2017 Fall Forum Retreat (September 24-27, 2017) in Hamilton, MO. Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 73
                              Comments: 520

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X