2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's October and I'm still not home!

First of all a sincere thank you for an amazing retreat! Charyti did a wonderful job organizing the events. Thanks to the instructors - I know I learned a thing or two. Carol - thanks for bringing the dice for the strip game; just sorry we were so busy we couldn't get another game night in. Sorry I forgot who had the dice for the other game ... not so much fun since I didn't win ... but happy that one player got a stash of strips. Oh, and the evening guitars; what a way to end the day!

So we left Cameron Thursday am; spent Thursday night in Dubuque; now at Wisconsin Dells for a week; will leave next Friday to spend time in Chicago. I definitely want to be back in North Carolina before Nov. 1st. When I put "Always on the Road" as my location I really meant it. So far this trip is over 2,200 miles and there's at least 1,000 more highway miles to go!

Although time in the car takes up time I could be sewing there's no way I'd give up a trip to see y'all. Thanks for a great birthday!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could time travel and have a retreat every few months?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I just said last night I'm ready to go to Hamilton in the morning. Lol

Comment

Judy, if your travels bring you to the deep south, give me a holler! I would love to see you anytime. Safe travels, my friend!
        Cindy

Comment

It was so great meeting you!!! Thanks for the pizza at the Super 8. It was fun playing the strip game --- maybe next year there will be time for more games. Thanks for your friendship and hope to see you next year. Hope this finds you well.

Oh, and thanks for having a birthday. The cake and ice cream was an extra special delicious treat!!

Comment

It was such a great retreat! Such good times together! I had Andrea and Thomas here in STL until this morning, we did all the sights and ate at my favorite restaurants! I hope they have a great time in Chicago, Ohio, Maryland and NYC. It's great to have international visitors!

Comment

It was great seeing you and Steve again. Take it easy getting home. Thanks again for everything...the pizza, the pillowcases, and fabric to make more. I could so live in Hamilton...now to just get everyone else to agree.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Enjoy your travels. I am glad to be home and haven't left the house since I got home. Enjoyed your pizza/birthday party and glad to get you know a bit better this year.
                Thanks.
                Sue

Comment

I'm still on the road, too! If the weather stays decent, I'll be home tomorrow. It snowed over the Sierras yesterday, and I am NOT going to attempt to drive this RV on a snowy road!

I had so much fun with you all. I can't wait to do it again next year!

Toni
                  P.S. I'm heading over to the main forum to post the words to the song Rick wrote.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Toni, be safe! It's hard to believe we were all sewing away a week ago! Now my sewing room is a real mess after unloading everything from the retreat - along with my purchases!
                    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Toni, I was wondering if you were home yet! Be safe, my guitar playing friend!

Comment

Please be safe and have fun driving across the US in that RV. You are awesome!

I'm still unpacking, I finally fell well enough to get some things done.

Comment

I agree Judy this was a wonderful retreat. Enjoy your travels and I look forward to seeing you next year.
                          Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Toni, be safe on your travels home it was a pleasure to spend time with you.
                            Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                            Type: Public
                            Topics: 98
                            Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                              Willcox and Gibbs
                              by chelea
                              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
                            • KPH
                              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                              by KPH
                              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                            • KPH
                              Secret Santa Arrivals
                              by KPH
                              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                            • Monique
                              It has arrived
                              by Monique
                              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                            • KPH
                              New Leader needed for 2021
                              by KPH
                              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                            Working...
                            X