2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for a great first retreat

This was my first retreat and I was not really sure what to expect. I was a little - well, maybe a lot - intimidated at the beginning, but in the end I really enjoyed myself. I met some really awesome people, did more sewing in such a short time than I have ever done and did some great shopping but did not break the bank. That will mean I will be able to come back again next year.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great first retreat for me. Thanks to Jean for the demo on the Lone Star and helping us out of our "diamond dilemmas"!! Can't wait to see what you will be teaching us next year. Thanks, also, to Charity for the super awesome job of getting the retreat up and running. Thanks to: Bernice for helping with the threading problem on my machine; Carol for the awesome charity quilt (and doing most of the work for the block) - it was fun; Marilyn for the pillowcases - it reminded me how much fun it is to make them and I want to make more; Kathy - I am so impressed that you made 4 Lone Star blocks and I enjoyed being your "tablemate"; Connie Jo and girls - I loved the fun and laughs we shared - hopefully again next year?;Andrea F - I enjoyed meeting and talking with you - glad you came all the way from Germany; the original forum members who started the Fall Forum Retreat idea - what a great idea it was - I'm glad it has continued - hopefully for a very long time; and thanks to each and everyone that attended this year - it was truly a really great time!!! Even though I haven't named everyone, you all had a part in making my first Fall Forum Retreat a great success!! You are a GREAT group of ladies and I am lucky to have met you all!!!

Thanks everyone!! I had a great time!!!!!

Beth, I am so glad you had a great time. It was great meeting you too and second everything you said.
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

It was fun BethB! I kind of impressed myself getting the four blocks done. It was challenging but fun!
      ***Kathy***

Comment

So glad you got over your trepidation Beth. It WAS a great retreat. It was a pleasure meeting each and everyone of you gals. It reminded me of WHY we started all this to begin with. I am so blessed to still be able to do it. Pillowcases ARE so much fun. Already trying to come up with an idea for next years favor. (what else is left to make?)
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

It was great to meet you. I am so glad that you came.

Comment

I'm tickled pink you came.

Comment

I loved my time there, and was also trying to think up what to make for next year's favors on my drive home.
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I felt the same way, Beth, but what a blast it turned out to be. So happy to have met you - hope to make it again next year.
                Cindy

Comment

Beth? I must apologize. I called you Kathy. I am so sorry. Kathy sat across from you, is that correct? And then why did I think your name was Nancy. I am so confused. Hope you get to come next year. I promise to call you by the right name.

Comment

kckjudy --- yes, Kathy sat across from me at the table. "bethb" is my "forum" name, but my real name is Nancy. In reality, Beth is my middle name and B is the first letter of my maiden name. A lot of people said it was confusing to them. I guess maybe I should use my real name at the end of any posts I write on the forum. Looking forward to coming again next year.

Nancy

Comment

Oh, now that explains why I didn't know who you were . . . I won't forget now.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

See, I told you all that she did that to confuse us all. It's working really well!

I am never going to forget the look on your face as that fat quarter flew off the stick, through the air. That was priceless.
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I remember that your name is Nancy but the Beth B did confuse because unlike most of the screen names that are either our names or something made up yours is just another name. I am glad you had fun and hope you will come back.
                          Sue

Comment

So happy you got to come and that we all got to spend time together. Looking forward to seeing you next year.
                            Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Karen - I was shocked when it flew off the stick!! I thought I had my thumb on the edge - guess not.

I got home on Wednesday night and Thursday morning I went out to the garage to get in my car to run a couple of errands. The car would not start - dead battery. My husband put a trickle charger all day until about 11 am this morning. Still did not start so I called VW road assistance and they sent out a tow truck. He towed my car to the nearest VW dealer and almost $200 later, I had a new battery. Not a very good way to follow a great retreat!!!

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                Yesterday, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X