2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tucked in for the night

After waiting an eternity for the Daily Deal to arrive at the main store, I finally hit the road at 10:45am. Drove all the way to my daughter's house in Ft Worth. And I didn't leave my purse anywhere! ! ! LoL

But I'm sick! My head got all stuffy and I kept sneezing what seemed like every mile once I got to Oklahoma City. I practically dragged myself into my daughter's house, took a couple of cold pills she had and hit the bed. Hopefully I'll be better in the morning. I may just stay here a few days and let my daughter feed me chicken soup.

Y'all be safe in your travels back home!

So sorry that you ended up sick. I am glad that you still have your purse this year and made it safely to your daughter's house. Get well soon.

Comment

Yes, but Carol - I heard you left your brown nightgown at the retreat center. I'm sure someone will hold it for you so it's there next year. Please get well soon!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.
        Cindy

Comment

It was great meeting you at the retreat. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

So glad you made it home, ans so sorry you aren't feeling well. I am convinced it was something at the hotel. That, and the cold air blowing on use at the sewing center did not help. Karen's sinuses were bothering her when we got there Sunday too. Pat also wasn't feeling well. I really don't think it was my issue, because as soon as I got the steroid shot, on the nebs and inhaler, along with the awful predisone, I felt 100 times better...the doc did say she thought several people picked up a virus during the birthday bash and JC Penney days. Hope it wasn't me anyway...and if it was I am so sorry.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

If that brown nightgown arrives in my mailbox I'm cutting it into charms and making it part of next year's charity quilt!

We were planning on going to Canton this weekend but I just can't. My whole body aches and my nose is either runny or stopped up. I'm taking Nyquil/Dayquil and it is helping a lot.

On a better note....

I shopped my daughter all the wonderful favors and we marveled at the creativity and generosity. She did laugh because I had a few candy wrappers where I had eaten some of the treats!

I bought her a Couch To Quilt kit and she LOVED it. From the supplies inside to the decorations on the box, she squeeled with delight. I bought it for her because I'm giving her my Pfaff sewing machine, which I dearly love.

Comment

My sinus issues were due to the difference in humidity. They are fine now. I'm sure some of the others had some of the same problems, not being used to central air and then having it being turned down to 68 constantly didn't help.
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Sorry your sick but so happy your purse stayed with you. Feel better soon. I already miss you.
                  Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Hope you feel better soon! I'm so happy to have met you! Thanks again.
                    Cindy

Comment

I know how you feel Carol. My sinus, sneezing, SORE throat. I was also running a fever when I got home yesterday. My suitcase is in the house but all my goodies are still in the car. I will try to get then inside today so I can drool over all I bought and not just dream about it like I did last night. Hope we both feel better soon.
                      Sue

Comment

Yep, you and I seem to have caught the same thing Sue. I noticed the sore throat at the retreat but figured it was due to the dry air like Karen mentioned. But no, it's a full blown cold.

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 98
                        Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X