2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Weeks and we will be in Hamilton for the retreat

Time sure is flying by. It is hard to believe that the retreat is literally just around the corner. I really need to get started gathering up the fabric that I am wanting to use with the Sizzix machines and dies that we can use while we are at the retreat.

Of course, the retreat is two weeks away but the birthday bash for those who are going is in even less time. Just 11 days. So even less time to pack for those who will be traveling to attend.

Getting so excited for the retreat. As busy as things have been around here, I am looking forward to some fun and relaxing time with all of you

11 days to make it to the bash is optimistic for me. It's 1,200 miles and 19 driving hours (stops not included) we figure 3 nights on the road. That takes it down to 7 days. Then there's another day to get the van an oil change and tire rotation not to mention 3 doctor's appointments on 3 different days. Luckily I keep a bag packed and my portable sewing room has everything I need for the retreat.

Steve has even started packing his undies and socks! He's usually a last minute kind of guy - but he's looking forward to this trip. Me too!

Comment

I just got home from the Alaska cruise and haven't unpacked yet. If there weren't so many dirty clothes, I'd keep them in the luggage and put them in my car. Only I don't think I'd need the formal dresses while sewing! Or will there be a formal night? LOL

Comment

That got here Quick! I leave for a retreat on Wednesday get back on the following Wednesday and our retreat begins on Sunday. Oh yes the Birthday bash is in there too. I will start packing today.
        Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

And someone is going to be celebrating a birthday!!!
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

So there'll be more than 1 BD bash??! This is getting more exciting by the minute. I am traveling and we will be leaving here on the 22nd so it's 11 days for me. I really need to get busy gathering supplies and goodies. Can't wait to meet everyone - see you soon!
            Cindy

Comment

looking forward to meeting other quilters, aka all of you!

Comment

I am attending a quilt camp from the 19th - 23rd and then I fly out for the retreat on the 24th. Going to be a busy few days. Hope I can get everything organized and packed in time. I have an early flight.

Comment

I am really looking forward to putting a face with a name - so excited!!
                  ***Kathy***

Comment

So, it is time to get down to packing for real, today is the day I finally pick my projects and fabrics for the mini lessons.
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I'm realizing that heading to the retreat is going to be bittersweet for me. Once I leave my DD's house for the retreat, I won't see my grandbabies for at least six months. It was so nice when they lived just two hours away; we'd spend weekends together at least twice a month.

The bright side, of course, is that I'll get to finally meet all of YOU!
                      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

GuitarGramma, some of us might be able to pretend to be your DD but I don't think any of us will be young enough to be your grandbabies. So I guess you will just have to enjoy us for who we are and look forward to the next visit with them in six months.

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                        Type: Public
                        Topics: 98
                        Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X