2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One month and counting down

So excited that in just a month we will be at the retreat. I can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones.

I still have to get my favors done. But I have started putting things that I want to take into a basket.

DH told me it is too early to start my packing but........what he does not know won't hurt him.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

What? Only a month you say. Where has time/summer gone. My favors are done but what else to take. So many mini classes and demos how much do I need to bring to sew on. And the shopping I have planned, oh the shopping that I plan on.... One question is what to take and another is what not to take. I must leave room in the car for all the new goodies that I plan on acquiring while I am there. I must get busy, get out a huge container of some kind and start filling it. My suitcase is out from my last trip but I think I will wait a bit before I start packing my clothes. Oh what fun we will have.

Comment

Yes, I must not forget my clothes! I've been so focused on my favors and supplies, I haven't even thought about clothes! Since I'll still be operating primarily with one arm, I for sure won't be making any fashion statement and hair and makeup will only be basic - but I will be there - and I promise to have clothes��
        Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

I usually take an empty tote to have in the van to help contain the goodies that I purchase. I have found that I can way over pack how much stuff that I take versus what I should take. The great part is if you happen to forget anything MSQC stores are just steps away and several of our ladies seem to have everything but the kitchen sink with them which is awesome if you forget something.

Thankfully Brenda, there is no fashion show. Because I am a very basic with my hair and have not worn make-up for several years.

Comment

Also, MSQC will ship all of your purchases home for you, free of charge if you are there at a retreat. I'm not sure about international guests (we need to check for Andrea) but they do for the US guests.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

I am flying out but wanted to bring my bionic gear bag - it helps me be more organized with a place to store things. I am planning on putting it in my checked bags, but am hoping it will still make it out there without "losing" anything out of it. Has anyone ever taken theirs - or something similar- on a plane before?

Comment

BethB I think everything will remain in the bag in your checked baggage. I've tossed my BGB into my sewing bins and everything stayed fine. But mine is pretty full. Nothing moves in it! It's just so darn useful to carry your things, isn't it?

Comment

OK - I've heard how awesome the BGB is ... so now I'll get to see one! Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Comment

I can't believe it's almost time to go. I have no idea where the last months went, time flew by. I probably would rather send a box with clothes home and take my purchases with me in my luggage. If I send it, I'll have to pay additional taxes on everything more than 20 or 25$. I haven't started packing yet but putting things aside I want to bring. It's not much though (I really have to contain myself and get organized), since we need to bring clothes for our whole trip. Can't wait to meet everybody!

Comment

What's a BGB?

Comment

BGB is bionic gear bag. Here is a link http://bionicgearbag.com/

Comment

Just a little hint. Don't buy one of those yet....

Comment

As many of you know, I'm attending the retreat in my motor home. I threw my zipped BGB into my project box, and headed to NE to visit my grandchildren. Just last night, I was looking for something in the project box and discovered a few items, including a couple of sizable items, had fallen out of my BGB. I realized that anything in the un-zipped area actually can fall of our the BGB. So either tuck that stuff into a zip-lock bag, or put everything into the zippered compartments!
                            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Oh wow, I've had stuff in the open parts of my BGB and nothing has fallen out - yet. I keep so much in every part of the bag, it doesn't have much wiggle room at all.

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
                                Willcox and Gibbs
                                by chelea
                                Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
                                Today, 03:30 PM
                              • KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              Working...
                              X