2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with the men-folk?

I originally planned on making this trip solo, but as it turns out, schedules have changed and my DH and 17 yr. old son are coming with me. We decided to stay Sun-Wed at the B&B in Hamilton. I've been on the phone several times with Dakota and she is a sweetheart to work with! Anyway, the question is to those of you who have knowledge of the area, what can my guys find to do while I'm busy retreating? They are planning on fishing at Dakota's place and probably a trip to KC area to see what they can find. What would you suggest they not miss in KC? Any other activities/attractions they should consider? Thanks so much!
    Cindy

The Liberty Memorial and WWI Museum is exceptional! There are some great BBQ restaurants - Jack Stack's Freight House is one of my favorite and it's near Union Station which is pretty cool too. The Royals will be in town on the 27th - Kaufman Stadium is a great experience.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Don't know if they golf, but I hear that there is a golf course near MSQC. I am sure someone else will be along with more details.
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Yes, someone here mentioned the WWI museum and BBQ is on the list, of course! Thanks for the suggestions. Neither of my guys golf, thanks.
        Cindy

Comment

Not exactly menfolk but DD will be looking for a place to watch the Packer football game on Sunday so, if you know a place nearby please give us a holler!
          Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I really liked the Jazz Museum and next door to it is the Negro Baseball League Museum. Also on the same street and within walking distance is Arthur Bryants BBQ. They HAVE to eat here, it's the best for KC style BBQ.

Comment

Asta: I bet the game will be showing in Man's Land across the street.

Comment

We figured they would be closed on Sunday or they would be showing the Chiefs game.
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

St. Joseph Missouri has a lot of interesting museums and history including the Pony Express. Jamesport, Missouri has several Amish stores and other various stores.

Comment

Thanks snippet & simply quilting. I plan to print this out for them.
                    Cindy

Comment

Tell them to take a trip to Weston, MO - a quaint place filled with history. There's a bourbon distillery there that has recently started giving tours - if they have an interest in history this should be a must-see. Lewis and Clark visited this area. http://holladaydistillery.com/

Here's another must see: http://1856.com/
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Oh Sandy, you hit the jackpot. My husband's gonna love this one, thanks!
                        Cindy

Comment

Heck yeah, a distillery. I forgot you mentioned that Sandy! I'm going too!

Comment

Maybe we should plan a field trip?
                            Cindy

Comment

Field trips never pan out for me. I get too involved in sewing and chatting to go anywhere. One year I even missed the MSQC warehouse tour! The previous year I had planned on going to visit Jamesport and also do some geocaching around the area. Didn't do either of them either!

So last year my sister and I went to Jamesport a day earlier than the retreat. I am going early again this year - some to partake in the Birthday Bash at MSQC and some to find my cousins who used to live in Kansas City. So I'll do the distillery then when I'm not sewing. Maybe.... LOL

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X