2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tentative Schedule for the 2016 MSQC Fall Forum Retreat

Tentative Schedule for the Missouri Star Quilt Company 2016 Fall Forum Retreat

***This is a tentative schedule subject to changes***

MSQC Stores are closed on Sunday. They will have their regular hours at the time of the retreat which are Monday-Saturday from 9AM to 5PM.

Sunday, September 25, 2016
    10AM – 1PM Check In (please do NOT arrive early)
    Lunch will be on your own for Sunday. Options include Subway or Casey at Hamilton or restaurants at Cameron or Chillicothe. Most of the restaurants are closed on Sundays in Hamilton.
    1:30PM Start of Mini Sessions (approximately 45 minutes each) There will not be time to complete the projects during this time frame but items can be worked on throughout the retreat if you wish.
    1:30PM Lone Star Quilt – Jean
    2:15PM Zig Zag Quilt – Karen
    3PM Charity Hospital Quilts and Pillowcases – Marilyn
    3:45PM Mini Session is still being worked on
    4:30PM Introductions
    5:30PM Supper provided by MSQC Retreat Center
    6PM Door Prizes, Show & Tell, Favors & Announcements
    7PM Charity Quilt Introduction – Carol
    8PM Game Night
    11PM Doors Lock

Monday, September 26, 2016
    7AM Doors Unlocked
    7AM Continental Breakfast provided by MSQC Retreat Center
    9AM MSQC Stores Open
    11AM Cindy Demonstrations (She is a special part of the MSQC staff and an experienced product demonstrator. She will be demonstrating a variety of things through out the retreat. Generally, the demonstrations are 15 to 20 minutes long. If you have any questions about or how to use any of the tools or templates, she is the person to ask.)
    12PM Lunch provided by MSQC Retreat Center
    2PM Mini Presentation - Hints and Tips When Making Bags & Purses - Pat
    3:30PM Cindy Demo
    4:30PM Door Prizes, Show & Tell and Announcements
    6PM Jenny’s Trunk Show
    11PM Doors Lock

Tuesday, September 27, 2016
    7AM Doors Unlocked
    9AM Warehouse Tour including the quilting department by Cindy
    10AM Cindy Demo
    12PM Lunch provided by MSQC Retreat Center
    1PM Group Pictures (Wear MSQC Fall Forum Retreat T-shirts)
    1:30PM Mini Presentation - Fabric Dying - Sue Dee
    3:30PM Cindy Demo
    6PM Door Prizes, Show & Tell & Announcements
    No evening activities are planned, feel free to have another game night, socialize or sew.
    11PM Doors Lock

Wednesday, September 28, 2016
    7AM Doors Unlocked
    No Plans for the Day
    11 AM Check Out Time (we do need to be out by 11AM)

A couple of things to remember –

1. This is YOUR RETREAT!!! Feel free to participate in as many of the planned activities as you would like. If you would rather work on your own project or socialize, feel free to.
    2. The Sizzix machines and dies will be available for you to use.
    3. With a full house, workspace will be at a premium. You will have half a table for your sewing machine and other items. There is NOT room for you to bring your own table but there is some space for you to bring a TV tray if you want to have your own ironing space. There will be several ironing stations with irons set up. There is not a design wall so our default seems to be a design floor.
    4. Meals will be served at specific times then cleaned up. You have the option to eat at the retreat center during meal time or to try one of the many great restaurants in town at your own cost. (I highly recommend finding time to get a shake from Js and a sweet treat with fresh local milk from Mama Hawk’s sometime during your stay.)

***This is a tentative schedule subject to changes***

Thanks for this schedule, Charyti ! It helps immensely. I was planning on having my special dinner with Steve early Monday evening - but will have to delay it - don't want to miss Jenny's Trunk Show. Gonna pretend it's a private show just for me - just like my parade held in 2014!

(It's so much fun in the pretend world I have in my mind. Too weird, huh?!?!?!)

Comment

This is great, Charity!!! This will be a tremendous help to me in figuring out what to pack, leave home, etc. Thanks a bunch!!!!

Comment

Oh, this is so helpful! Thank you, Charyti, for organizing us. This retreat is going to be so wonderful!
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Someone had asked about how we were going to do favors this year. Here is the current plan: We will be doing all of the favors on Sunday night. We are going to be taking time to hand out the favors at one time. The plan is for everyone to sit down and we will go around the circle briefly talking about the favor we made and handing them out. If by chance someone was unable to make it in til Monday, I will have a bag to put their favors from others. I am hoping this will avoid having people missed and everyone gets to learn more about each other.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. It will help with the planning.

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
            Type: Public
            Topics: 98
            Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• chelea
              Willcox and Gibbs
              by chelea
              Several months ago I let a Singer 24 get away. This time, same consignment shop, I didn't hesitate. Meet Eleanor, c. 1891. The Willcox and Gibbs story...
              November 24, 2020, 03:30 PM
            • KPH
              My Secret Santa box has arrived.
              by KPH
              Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
              November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
            • KPH
              Secret Santa Arrivals
              by KPH
              Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
              November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
            • Monique
              It has arrived
              by Monique
              My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
              November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
            • KPH
              New Leader needed for 2021
              by KPH
              We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
              November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
            Working...
            X