2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Are You Packing?

As I read through the wonderful posts in this group, I'm coming to an understanding of the Fall Forum Retreat. Basically, it's my dream retreat: folks I love and can't wait to meet in person, time to quilt whatever I want, and some mini classes. We also bring some favors to share and some items to donate as door prizes.

I checked Event Brite, and I see that there's a supply list for Jean's class, but I didn't notice one for any of the other classes.

So I thought I'd turn to you experienced Forum Retreatants and ask:
    What are you packing for the retreat?

I can't wait!

Toni
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

As far as supplies for the other classes, for the Pillowcases (these pillowcases will be donated to the Children's Hospital and Children's Cancer Hospital. Marilyn will be collecting the pillowcases.*** She has forum groups for both of these if you would like more information about them http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=144 http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=209)
    27 inches WOF piece for main piece
    9 inches WOF piece for cuff
    2 1/2 inch WOF piece for accent piece

***Please feel free to bring additional pillowcases or children's quilts that Marilyn can take back with her to take to the hospital.

Then it is optional for a jelly roll or fat quarters for the Zig Zag quilt.

One of the mini class workshops, we are still working to see if we will be doing that workshop. So not sure what if any supplies you would need for that mini class.

None of the other workshops will need supplies.

Here is a link to the post that talks about what to bring http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...034&do=discuss

Comment

Oh.My.Goodness! The list already existed. Thank you so much for pointing me to it!!!!!
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

What is the Zig Zag quilt? I guess I missed it. Where would I find that info? Thanks in advance!
        Cindy

Comment

The zig zag quilt is a free pattern, I will bring copies, that is a way to do a Chevron with rectangles. You dont really have enough time to make a quilt during a mini class but we will go over the basics as well as the math to figure out how to make one with jelly rolls strips instead of the larger pieces called for in the pattern.
          K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

I thought at one point I read something about doing something with the rhombus template (I think that was it) or did I dream that?

Comment

Karen, do we just need some JR strips for that?
              Cindy

Comment

JR strips (print and a solid) or fat quarters would work in case you want to make one like the pattern
                K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

Thanks, Karen.
                  Cindy

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 98
                  Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X