2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lone Star Project

It's me again...another quick question. One of the mini classes is for a Lone Star table topper and it says 9 JR strips are needed. Should these be solids, batiks, tonals, or anything I want? Does there need to be a certain number of strips of light-medium-dark? Thanks again.
    Cindy

Jean will be do the demo on this one and have the answer to this questions. I will PM just in case she doesn't see this post.

Comment

I used a gradient selection of strips. I can't post a picture here, but I will post it in the regular section under tutorials. I used one dark 2 color 1, 3 color 2, 2 color 3 and one light. The lone star works out best to have a gradient of colors from light to darling. You can use solids, batiks, small prints, but remember the color values go from dark to light. You will need about 1/2 yard of background fabric to complete the top of the project ( not including the backing and binding.)

Comment

Thanks so much, Jean. I am very excited to try this. I have a pixie strip from Jinny Beyer that I think will work well. I'll just bring the roll and pick out the strips there. Is a template needed?
        Cindy

Comment

No template, just a longer ruler with a 45 degree angle line printed on it. And the Jinny Beyer Pixie Strip will probably work fine. Just make sure the strips have enough contrast in value.

Comment

Thanks so much, Jean. This makes this a little clearer to my "peanut" brain!!

Comment

Hey Jean, how big will this project be?

Comment

I posted a picture of the unfinished star, it is 29" when all the segments are put together. You could finish it as it stands or put borders on it to make it a little bit bigger. If done in pastels, and with a border added, it could be a bright and cute baby quilt. Otherwise, it will make a nice table topper or wall hanging. The original pattern calls for making 4 of the stars, sashing and bordering them to make a very generous size lap quilt, 76" square. I found the pattern in " Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott, D&C Publishing

Comment

I have that book and will bring it.
                  ***Kathy***

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 98
                  Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X