Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favors vs. Door Prizes

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out all the stuff I need to get together for the retreat and I thought I understood the favors (40-50) for the people going, etc. On the list on the "What to Bring" thread, it also lists door prizes. What are these? How many? Forgive me if it's discussed somewhere else and I just missed it. Point me in the right direction and I'll go read it. Thanks so much.
    Cindy

Door prize drawings are held on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings. It is totally optional to bring these but we try to have it where everyone can have their name drawn every evening. Items vary from quilts, mug rugs, table runners, fat quarters, bags, quilt kits, books, to quilting items. The selection of items depends upon what people bring to donate for door prizes.

Comment

Okay, thanks, I totally missed wherever that was discussed.
      Cindy

Comment

Wow!! I totally missed this also. Thanks for asking. I better get busy!!!

Comment

Shoot! I missed that info too! I'd better read the "What to Bring" thread a little more carefully!
          Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

The door prize thing started when the first forum get together happened and there were only 13 of us! People bring white elephant items ( I.e, things you might have duplicates of, things you thought you would use but didn't use, little gifts). This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL for every one to contribute to. It just turned out that people were so generous to this collection that we were able to let everyone have a door prize pick every day we were together.

Comment

Was just wondering if someone could give me an "average" or approximate value for door prizes? For example, would a charm pack be too "cheap" to donate? How many fat quarters would be appropriate? I'm starting to fill a basket with stuff to bring - and I have at least 2 lists going and I just remembered door prizes! Thanks!

Comment

A charm pack would NOT be too cheap. The price of the items vary greatly. We have had everything from fridge magnets to zipper bags to fat quarters to books to rulers to table runners to quilt kits. No one is expected to bring anything of a specific value. And please do not think that you have to go out and buy stuff. As Jean stated earlier "People bring white elephant items ( I.e, things you might have duplicates of, things you thought you would use but didn't use, little gifts). This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL for every one to contribute to. It just turned out that people were so generous to this collection that we were able to let everyone have a door prize pick every day we were together."

Comment

Thanks Charyti. That's very helpful!!

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                  Type: Public
                  Topics: 98
                  Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X