2016 Fall Forum Retreat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about equipment/accessories to bring

I know it may be a little early to think about this, but if I don't now when I am thinking about it, I may forget. Anyway, I am renting one of the Babylock Melody machines to use during the retreat. I was wondering if I should bring my 1/4 in foot with guide with me to use or would there be one that is included to use. I have a Babylock machine and it is a Babylock foot so it should fit the rented Melody. Any thoughts would be great!

I rented last year, and there was no 1/4" foot included, I had brought mine from home and used that. My machine had only 2 feet with it, don't recall which ones but remember there being one attached and one in the storage area. I also wish I would have brought my extension table and will bring it this year.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will add my 1/4 in. foot to my long list of must haves. I have one of those clean acrylic extension tables. I originally purchased it to fit the Babylock Ellure Plus, but soon after purchasing the table, upgraded to the Ellageo Plus. I took the table to a glass place and they enlarged the area the machine fits into for me. It isn't perfect but it works. Do you think that would fit the Babylock Melody - at least well enough to make it worthwhile dragging it along?

Comment

Room on the table might be an issue with the extension table. If we share an 8 foot table, that eats up an awful lot of space, so that is another thing to keep in mind.
        K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

I don't know if the extension table would fit the Melody. You might call or drop by your Babylock dealer to see if they are comparable. It looks like there is a difference in their throat space which could mean the extension table would not fit.

As far as bringing an extension table, one of the ladies had one last year and it didn't cause a problem as she had all the rest of her stuff either under the extension table or in the sewing machine pad. Part of it would be how large is the sewing machine extension table.

Comment

I will have extra 1/4" feet with me that will fit the machines they have there. I don't use one most of the time so I should have 4 or 5 extra's to bring. I will be bringing my extension, as I have every year...and we do just fine with it Karen.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I was thinking of those clear acrylic ones that are like 24 inches long. Yours isn't all that big.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Will I get kicked out if I comment on extensions???????????
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Karen, do you FMQ at the retreat without an extension?

Comment

Carol, yes she does....she blows me away with the small amount of space she needs to work her magic.

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep. Never had an extension for the Pfaff, so never knew any difference. No feathers being done that way, but what I can do on it works OK.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Interesting thread. I also rented oneof the machines, because I thought I would be flying in. The quilt I really need to work on is a king size that I started on my Bernina, so I'm thinking it may be better for me to just bring my own machine. I'm worried about the seams being different with switching machines. Thoughts? Alternatively, I guess I could just start a new quilt that is on my to do list for my godmother.

Comment

KarenC that's why I'm bringing my own machine this year. Last year I rented one and had to hurry to get the piecing done on a top because I was afraid the seams would be different. This year I can goof off more! Or do more shopping!
                          Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

KarenC, Jenny has said many times to use the same machine through out the project. Although I would think it you are using a 1/4" foot, it wouldn't make a difference. I do have different kinds of 1/4" feet though. I know Jean has flown with her machine before.

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lori and Auntiem(hope I spelled that right). I may end up just bringing my machine, since I decided to drive up from Houston.

Comment

2016 Fall Forum Retreat

About this Group

This group is only for those who are registered to attend the 2016 Fall Forum Retreat in Hamilton, MO (You can sign up on Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-forum-retreat-which-includes-a-trunk-show-with-jenny-tickets-21527960710 Four days of fun, friendship, shopping, learning and quilting. Interact with the Doan Family – Jenny, Ron, Al, Sarah, Natalie. Enjoy Jenny’s Trunk Show and learn from our forum quilting pros. Your time is your own as you can participate in as many or few activities as you wish.
                              Type: Public
                              Topics: 98
                              Comments: 846

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

• KPH
                                My Secret Santa box has arrived.
                                by KPH
                                Just Lyn, Thanks so much. I appreciate all of the hard work you have done. That's an amazing Advent Calendar. I can't wait to see the kids again to show...
                                November 19, 2020, 03:06 PM
                              • KPH
                                Secret Santa Arrivals
                                by KPH
                                Alrighty, for the sake of my nerves... I know one of the rules is to send me the tracking numbers. All well and good, but when your package arrives. Would...
                                November 12, 2020, 08:39 AM
                              • Monique
                                It has arrived
                                by Monique
                                My parcel from Chris has arrived and mine is on an airplane headed to her. WOOHOO!!

I will fondle it gently when I pick it up and then put...
                                November 10, 2020, 03:38 AM
                              • KPH
                                New Leader needed for 2021
                                by KPH
                                We're reaching that point, of thinking about 2021 SS. I hope someone will step up and be the moderator for next year. I have all of the letters and files...
                                November 1, 2020, 01:41 PM
                              • KPH
                                November and December's Themes
                                by KPH
                                Just in case you didn't remember....

November- Santa Claus Or Christmas Trees by Ginny B

December- Flying Geese Or Scrappy,...
                                October 31, 2020, 08:54 AM
                              Working...
                              X